☀️CHAPTER TWO☀️

💞💞💞
Hello Lovelies, So how do you like this story so far? I know the last chapter was a little bit boring but I promise it is going to get better with every chapter In Shaa Allah. I am going to be updating a chapter every week if i am chanced. Two weeks tops! Ill try as much as possible not to keep you guys waiting In Shaa Allah. I need motivation though, really. I mean i already feel like you guys are not enjoying the story. More votes and more comments will really put a smile on my face. Recommend this book to your friends, tell them to tell their friends too and their friends should tell their friends....😁😆
God bless you as you do so.🙏❤

Hafsiisi🖤

🌸🌸🌸

⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Today's class was liiiit" Najma pitched. "Why wont it be lit dama when youre shamelessly crushing on the lecturer" Amraa said rolling her eyes. It was not Professor Adamu that offered the lecture today. A different lecturer was sent forth by Professor Adamu to offer today's lecture due to some inexorable issue. A very handsome and young lecturer i've got to admit. "Yauwa Amra, Deedee's wedding is this week right?" asks Najma licking a lollipop like a toddler. "Yess..Its starting this wednesday, i cant wait! Im even branching by House Of Kaya to get my clothes. The tailor sent me a text message when we were in class saying the clothes are ready. Guess what girls..ive booked us a makeup appointment with the 'Glow Zone'" Amraa says pausing to snap selfies for 'Bae'. I winced at the mention of all the expensive services she just mentioned like it actually doesnt mean anything to her.

Deedee (Khadeeja Ibrahim Turaki) is Amra's cousin that was brought up by Alhaji Aaban. Shes the only daughter of Alhaji Ibrahim (Alhaji Aaban's younger brother) and Hajiya Asma'u who lost their lives in a ghastly motor accident when Deedee was just two years old. Deedee is a year older than Amra. They grew up like twins. They have alot of similarities too. The fact that Deedee is also strikingly beautiful like Amra, contributes to their resemblance. That is why Amra is looking forward to her beloved sister's wedding seeing that its the first actual wedding that is about to take place in the Aaban's residence. To be honest, i am not really looking forward to Deedee's wedding, unlike Najma that is as excited as Amra.
The reason being that, i have never really been to an extravagant event. I'd feel totally out of place. I dont even have wedding clothes for crying out loud. Its just so not me. But, i have to honour Amra's invitation, i cant say No to her. So i half smiled and said "Allah ya nuna mana".

We went to where Amra parked her car and hopped in. We said bye to Najma who is waiting for Yaa Noor to finish his lectures so that theyll go home together. Amraa always takes pleasure in giving me a ride home. I used to always insist that she lets me go on my own because my house is not really far from school but she always turn a deaf ear. Im already used to it now. Sometimes, she stops to say Hi to my dad. Yeaah shes nice like that.
In the car, my body is present but my mind is far gone. Today is monday. I do not know what to wear to the wedding and i have just two days to go. "Saab tunanin meh kike yi haka? (Saab what are you thinking about?)" noticed Amra. "babu komai (nothing)" i reply. "Sabreen, you know you can tell me anything, right?" queried Amra. "Amraa, i do not have anything to wear to Deedee's wedding" "Is that why you are looking like someone died" she says laughing. I look at her and frowned "I am serious Amra, i actually dont have anything fancy to wear to a big wedding" i rattled "Calm down, that is not a problem at all" She smirked.

We arrived at my house, I waved Amra goodbye and she drove off. My father is sitting on his favorite couch when i enter. A newspaper on his hands and his glasses slightly propped on his nose. "Good day, Abba" i greet him. "Sannu da dawowa (welcome back)" came his response. This is the longest response ive recieved from my dad for the past week. Most of the time its just "sannu" and a nod.
My father, Alhaji Muhammad Gedel or Abii, as ive called him for as long as i can remember is a tax collector (taxman). We live in a small, old, house consisting of two bedrooms, a sitting room, a kitchen and a toilet. He has an old white Volkswagen Beetle 1963 car that makes too much noise and emits more smoke than a chimney.
I lost my mother to cancer when I was five and my father never remarried. He instead employed an old lady, whom I fondly called 'Inna' to look after me. She passed away when I was fourteen, leaving a gaping hole in my heart. I was too young to have remembered my mother's death. My father, I have been told, changed alot after my mother's death. I have no memories of how he had been before she died. He had loved her dearly and had done all he could to save her. I have studied her photographs and she is pretty. I think I look a lot like my mother (except that my mother was very slim), and perhaps looking at me is a painful reminder to him of happy memories which he could never have with her. So he mostly left me alone, and I grew into a lonely child, with hardly any friends to play with.

When i first got admission into the University, i was ecstatic beyond repair. Amra and Najma are my first 'real friends', although I doubt they consider me so. To them, I am perhaps just 'Sabreen-the-slightly-plump-and-pleasant-fellow-student'. I do not really mind though. I am happy to belong somewhere.

Who is the New Hot Lecturer?
What is Sabreen going to wear to the wedding?

I'm so sorry its short. I hope you like it though😅
Sorry for the typos

Najma Muyassar Ahmad

Amraa Aaban Turaki

Amraa Aaban Turaki