Chapter 4

🤍 Rebecca's  POV 🤍

"You can ride with me."

Shit, what?

I had never even sat on a bike, much less ride it. Bikes were too risky and were looked down upon by my mother. Cars were classy and always the safest bet.

He handed me the helmet and started up the bike. "Come on, we don't have all day."

"I'm scared." I felt embarrassed admitting that. "I've only ever driven cars, but I have never ridden motorbikes," I explained, hoping he'd understand and not judge.

He took a deep sigh and looked squarely at me. I think he was already getting irritated. "You just need to tilt to the direction in which we're turning and you'll be fine." He held out his hand for me to take, and I grabbed it, awkwardly leaning over to sit.

"Where's your helmet?"

"I only have one, and you're in more need than me."

I looked at him, alarmed. "What?!"

He gave a deep laugh. The kind that made you giddy in the stomach just by knowing you were the one that made the person laugh like that. But right now, I couldn't focus on that. "Relax, I'm kidding. You'll be fine. If you hold on tight." He added after an afterthought.

I didn't need to be told twice.

As soon as the bike came to life, it jerked forward and I instantly wrapped my arms tightly around Ivan. We were cutting through the air and a roaring sound reached my ear. But i was too focused on staying alive to notice. I clung on to Ivan's jacket tightly, hoping it would save me from my impending doom.

My hands were placed tightly over Ivan's torso and i could feel his hard abs beneath my fingers. He definitely worked out. I felt a sudden need to run my hand over his chest and...

Stop!

My hands were still tightly around Ivan when i felt him stiffen. I removed my hands quickly when i realised we had stopped outside a restaurant.

Ivan got down and offered his hand to me. I took it and stepped down. I quickly removed the helmet and handed it over to him, breathing a sigh of relief. Yay! I managed to stay alive!

"Thank god I didn't die," i said, my face still red with embarrassment, realising that i was so busy on holding tightly to him that I didn't even realise when we had stopped.

I walked behind him, and we spotted Maria and the rest sitting on a table beside the huge window.

"Hey guys," I offered as i took a seat beside Sarah.

"Hi," they chimed back as Ivan grabbed a seat beside Theo.

We ordered our food when the waitress came and she placed our drinks in front of us.

"Why'd she call?" Sarah asked in a low voice, referring to my mother's phone call.

I took a sip of my orange juice before answering. "Just trying to apologise for not being there like always. Basically annoying me to hell."

"I totally get it," she squeezed my hand and when i looked up, I realised the conversation around the table had paused and they all looked at me.

"Are you okay?" Maria asked me softly.

I nodded, not wanting to overshare.

"You're obviously not." Theo intervened, "are your parents always such asses?"

"That's a... nice way to put it." I gave a small laugh and stared at the orange liquid in my glass. "They've never been there for me, y'know? All i have ever wanted is for them to be there for me, but it's always some business meeting they need to go to, or clients they need to meet. Like whatever. People say that if you're rich, then you have everything and you don't have a hard time. And that's the shittiest thing for someone to say, because money can't buy you happiness and it's a fact."

Maria nodded, "That's right. Sometimes our parents can be so detached from us that they seem to grow a blind eye to what we actually want. And it's not always materialistic."

I sighed and nodded. Atleast she understood.

"But why would you talk to your mother like that? You must be hurting her." Ivan chided. Of course he'd ask that. He's such a mama's boy.

"Yeah, and they've been hurting me all these years by being absent. We all have issues Ivan. Just because we have different ones doesn't give you a right to judge mine." I added.

After a second Ivan nodded and leaned his head on his hand. "Fair enough."

* * *

"You guys wanna come with me?" I asked Maria and Sarah if they wanted to walk with me to the nearest bookstore.

"I can't, I have to finish an essay." Sarah explained.

"Me neither. I have a date with Leo." Maria blushed.

"Okay, have fun then. But don't have too much fun." I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively.

"Oh, shut up," Maria flipped me off and I grinned.

I had already become quite close with Maria and so had Sarah, so now the three of us were like best friends. Almost inseparable. I was very thankful for the way everyone had accepted us so easily and with so much friendliness into their group. Maria was almost glad she had finally some girl best friends. She was tired of being best friends with these assholes. Her words, not mine.

I wasn't so close to the boys though. Leo was a very broody, introverted guy. He was silent most of the time, keeping to himself, until Maria walked into the room and all of a sudden his eyes lit up like she was the only girl in the world. I know they were so cute together and i even knew how they got together, but maybe a small part of me was jealous. I would kill to have what both of them had. It was so pure and they were so in love. It was obvious. Everyone in the room could see it.

Theo was... well, he was like the typical American high school jerk. His fuckboy ways were already showing. He had tried flirting with me but since I wasn't interested, he moved on to Sarah. I knew Sarah was interested in him, but she didn't want any flings and she knew if she had something with him right now, it just wouldn't last.

And as far as Ivan was concerned, i had never once seen him with any girl. Initially he had seemed almost unwilling to let me and Sarah be in their group, but he had come around. He was civil to me and wasn't an asshole, so I didn't mind him. And i knew if he was an asshole to me, Maria would kick his balls for me.

Things were good in London, i had new friends with whom i was closer than ever, and a new life i was looking forward to.

I just hoped that the past wouldn't come knocking...

* * *

This was a short chapter, but let me know what you think!

> > > One of my favourite actor committed suicide, and I've been so heartbroken. His last movie dealt with suicide in such a subtle manner [ Chhichhore - if anyone wants to watch ] and now the way he's gone is hurting me so much. Rip 🙏🏼😭 He was even in the biographical movie based on the Indian Cricketer MS DHONI.

I'M JUST SO FUCKING SAD. I have no words. I'm feeling so heavy.

If anyone is going through anything, please feel free to pm me. I will try my best to be there for you. And I promise, it get's better.

Please vote and comment if you think this chapter deserved it. Thankyou for all your love! I promise i will start writing Ivan's pov as soon as i feel better.

Until next time, lots of love. ❤️