Chapter 2

[ Living room of the boys (apartment 205) above ]

🤍 Rebecca's POV 🤍

After going through security in London, we finally got out and called a cab.

I asked Sarah whether she had the address and she nodded.

The drive was smooth while i looked out of the window. I had always been fascinated by London. It was so beautiful and chic! I faintly remembered my parents bringing me here when i was in 6th-grade after they failed to make it to the annual play i was a part of. So that trip was an apology from them to me. They took me on the WARNER BROS studio tour because they knew how much I loved Harry Potter.

Later in the day when i had wanted to go up in the london eye, they sheepishly told me I couldn't, because my father had another business meeting.

Turned out apologising to me wasn't the only reason he came to London. It wasn't even a priority to them.

Shaking the sad memory away, I sat comfortably in the car seat.

I realised I was actually nervous.

Years of being forced into the limelight by my socialist mother to put me out there on the social ladder had made me confident. It had made me grow a thick skin to what others thought of me. And most importantly, it made me an expert in presenting the perfect face, the perfect gestures and responses. Outsiders could call me fake and manipulative due to that, but they didn't know otherwise.

I was away from my parents' constant nagging to be perfect all the time, and now I had decided I wouldn't be like them. Like I was in New York. I'm going to be nicer, and sweeter. More sensible and sensitive. Although that air of confidence and thick skin always did come handy in life. There's no denying that. I would be different now, and i was nervous because maybe i had forgotten how to be genuine and sweet.

"Bex?" Sarah shook me. I realised had dozed off.

"Yeah?" I mumbled, and looked outside the window at the apartment complex. "This is our apartment?"

"Yeah. Get out already." She was already getting out and telling the driver to help with the luggage. "It's cute, isn't it?"

The apartment complex looked quite modern and screamed wealthy even from the outside. Sarah had made a good choice.

I smiled. "Let's go inside, yeah?"

We walked inside the main gate and the security guard told us to wait. "Are you visiting someone?"

"Yes. Maria. Wait let me check the house number." Sarah check her phone before nodding, "B 204 and 205."

The guard talked on the intercom for a minute, before giving us the directions to B block.

Once in the lift, i took a deep breath. "I'm nervous."

"Don't be. Maria is meeting us at the floor. I'm so excited to meet all of them!"

Ivan. Is it weird that I'm excited to meet him? He seemed pretty hot in the pics Sarah showed me. And I'm not gonna lie, after that i did my own little stalking on instagram and saw so many hot pictures. I wonder what he was like in reality? "Me too!"

"Hi!" A young girl pulled both of us into an embrace as soon as the lifts opened. "Oops, sorry. Let me introduce myself. I'm Maria."

"Hey, I'm Sarah and this is Bex. I mean Rebecca." Sarah pointed her thumb in my direction.

Maria gave an infectious laugh, "Okay. Want help with the luggage?" She added, after glancing at our pile of luggage. I blushed, embarrassed.

"Yes, please!"