PROLOGUE

Ivan.

There was only one person on my mind. On my tongue.

The way i left, it was tugging on my heart. And the strength of that tug was increasing with every passing second.

What was he feeling right now?

Did he notice that I had gone?

Did he care?

Was his heart breaking? Because I was damn sure what I did would crumble him.

I lied.

I left.

I promised I would never leave him, but that's exactly what I did.

"Bex," Sarah shook me, "you okay?"

I nodded. Then i shook my head.

I just didn't know.

She looked at me with sympathy, "Bex, it's okay. I understand. I know what our families are capable of."

Her family wasn't like that. Why couldn't I belong to her un- problematic family? She wasn't the one being forced into a business deal.

I shook my head again, the tears forming in my eyes. I resisted blinking them. They would spoil my makeup. "You understand S, but will he?"

"Bex, there's no topic of him understanding. What the fuck will he do by understanding? If he loves you, he wouldn't just 'understand' and let you go. He will fight for you. Right by your fucking side."

I sniffed when I realised the tears had escaped. I angrily opened my gorgeous Kate Spade clutch and turned it upside down, the contents flying over our gowns. Why did I have to cry? Why?

My makeup!

Ugghhh!

I groaned and Sarah engulfed me into a tight hug. By now the tears were flowing freely down my cheeks. I could care less about my makeup now.

"Shhhh," she comforted me, rubbing my back soothingly.

Ivan used to rub my back like that.

That did it. That memory made me break down completely.

Before me, he had worked tirelessly to build a wall around his heart, and I had chipped it away, piece by piece. Because he wasn't just the mean asshole he portrayed himself to be. No, he was something much more. He was sensitive, he was sweet. He was capable of love. I had seen that side of him. I had thrown away his armour, promising to be his armour forever.

But did I fail?

Because now that I've left, he would have to start from scratch. Build the wall all over again. Heartbroken all over again. He'll lose faith in love all over again.

No. I can't do that to him. I won't. I refuse.

I'll go back to him.

I won't be a part of the business deal. I won't.

I'd rather choose Ivan over and over again than choose my parents and their absolutely pathetic deal.

* * *

TA-DAAAAAAAA!

I hope you liked this. I'm working really really hard on this, so please bring in your amazing comments, views, and votes!

Sending you all the love, and praying you get lots and lots of pizzas 🍕 (cause really, who doesn't like pizza?)