Chapter 16

Skylar's POV

It's Thursday which means it is the day before I go on my first date with Ethan. I'm nervous but excited at the same time.

But I shouldn't be that nervous. Right? I mean we have hung out before. It was a group setting but it is also not like it's some random tinder date. I know Ethan and I know everything will be fine.

But then my palms start to sweat and my mouth goes dry thinking about all the things that could go wrong. What if it's awkward? What if we have nothing to talk about? What if he gets bored? What do we do then? Skylar. Stop, yet again you are siking yourself out. Wait, what if he tries to kiss you?

As panic starts to kick in the bell rings signaling lunch time. I rush out of my seat and quickly walk to our lunch table looking for a distraction.

Thankfully Vanessa and Katie are already sitting down. I take my seat and pull out my lunch.

"Only one more dayyyyy," Katie sings. They have been counting down the days till tomorrow and it definitely hasn't been helping to calm my nerves.

Vanessa looks at me and obviously senses my anxiety when she says, "Sky, you have nothing to worry about. You will be fine. It is really not that much different than when we hang out in a group, I mean you mostly just talk to Ethan anyways."

"Yeah, but then if we run out of things to say we can just jump into your guys conversation," I say with a frown. The more I think and talk about it the more nervous I get.

"Skylar. Look at me," I look up at Vanessa and she continues, "You will be fine. You know Ethan. You guys have great chemistry and I am definitely not the only one who sees it. Trust me. You got this."

Her words give me a little bit of hope that this will all turn out okay. I take a second to calm myself down and breathe, and I realize I really do have nothing to worry about and I am just overthinking things like I always do. It'll all be fine and I should have a good time.

I begin to nibble on my sandwich when all the boys walk into the cafeteria and sit down next to us.

"Hey, guys," I say giving a smile to everyone that sits down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Skylar want to go to the vending machines with me? I just want to grab a gatorade," Ethan looks at me expectantly. Everyone pauses their side conversations to look at me and then to Ethan and back to me.

"Uh, yah sure," I say tucking a loose piece of hair behind my ear, getting up out of my seat.

"So I just wanted to make sure that we are still on for tomorrow night?" Ethan says as we begin to walk outside to the vending machines.

"Yeah totally," I say with a smile looking down at my feet as we walk.

"After the game, I will just take a quick shower in the locker rooms and then we can go out. I was thinking maybe we could go to Whitmen's for pizza and milkshakes since it closes late."

"Whatever works with me," I say looking at Ethan.

"Oh, and I was going to ask if you wanted to wear my jersey to school and the game tomorrow?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NO WAY."

"SHUT UP."

"REALLY!"

The girls and I are standing outside of school in our meeting spot that we go to everyday just to talk before we leave for home or to hang out.

"Oh my gosh guys. What's the big deal?" I say slightly confused. I mean back in L.A. that was the thing. The football players would give their girlfriends or their friend their extra jersey to show support for them at the game.

"You don't understand," Taylor starts, "Ethan has never given his jersey to ANYONE."

"Even back when he dated this girl named Brittany," Vanessa adds with a cheesy grin on her face.

"This must mean that he really likes youuuu," Katie says as she nudges me with her shoulder.

"You guys are five." I say as we begin to walk to our cars.

"Well what happened? Like what did he say?"

I told them what he said and how he would drop it off tonight.

"But, wait so his GIRLFRIEND never wore his jersey? Don't you think that is a bit weird?" I ask.

"Well, yes and no," Katie begins, "They only dated for like 2 months and it might have been during off season. But still. This is a big deal."

We all said our goodbyes and went our separate ways to our cars.

Tomorrow is going to be one for the books.