Chapter 3

Skylar's POV

I walk through the front gates of the school. I look around  but try not to be too obvious that I have no clue where I am going. There is nothing like being the new kid.

Then I remember that my mom told me last night to go to the office, so I could get my schedule. I missed orientation, so everyone else already had their schedule and books.

I am guessing that the big building in the front in the office so, I head towards the door.

Once I get in, I walked up to the front desk.

"Hi my name is Skylar Greene. My mom told me to come here, to get my schedule."

The lady at the front desk looks up to me and says, "Hi, I am Mrs. Bull. So here's your schedule," she pulls out a pink piece of paper handing to me. "If you need anything, just come up here and ask! Hope you have a good day. First bell rings in 5 minutes."

"Thank you," I say walking back to the front doors. Great. I have 5 minutes. What am I supposed to do?

I decided to walk out and find the nearest bathroom. There is no way I am going to walk up to a group, and introduce myself. I am too shy for that. As I am walking towards the bathroom, I see a girl walking over to me.

She had blonde hair and blue eyes. She is extremely pretty and is wearing a floral dress.

"Hey, are you new here?" she asks.

"Yeah." I reply nervously.

"Oh, well hey. My name is Vanessa. Where did you move from?"

"Hi, I'm Skylar and I moved here from Los Angeles."

"NO WAY!!! I LOVE L.A.!! My dad lives there, and I go down to visit like three times a year. I wish I lived there." Vanessa seemed like a really nice person and that she genuinely wanted to talk to me.

"Really? Yah I loved it there."

The bell rang cutting our conversation short.

"Well, I'll see you around." And with that she walked off.

Weirdly enough, that wasn't too awkward. I am a relatively awkward person so that was definitely a step up.

I walked to my homeroom and took a seat in the back. A girl walks up to me and asks if anyone is sitting here.

"No." I give her a smile.

"I am Mae, by the way."

"I'm Skylar."

We make small talk and find that we have 3 of the 4 classes together! This is good so I will have a friend in most of my classes.

The class was filling up and I hear the bell ring, when the door swings open and in come two boys.

All I could think was whoa they're hot. Like really hot.

"You're late, Dolans." The teacher scowls at them.

"Sorry." They said at the same time as they took their seats.

Hmmm twins.

                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next 2 classes were a blur. Later during homeroom, I figured out the twins names are Ethan and Grayson because of Mae. She said that she knew them from the previous years. She also said something about them being really athletic. Everyone loves themselves a jock. Am I right or am I right?

Then suddenly, the bell rings, pulling me from my thoughts.

I have been dreading this period all day. Lunch.