4

I apologize for the delay in updating. Not super happy with this chapter but eh. 🤷🏾‍♀️. I finally got a job and things have been a bit hectic. I'm also starting classes soon. (Next week 😩🙄) So I probably won't update as frequently, but I ain't forget about y'all lol. Also, I'm thinking about starting a couple of new stories, but I low key wanna finish this book first because idk if I can do more than one book at once lmao. Thanks for the love like omg Insecure has over 250 k reads like whaaaaat 😭😭 xoxo baby j 💜

Devonte

Yazmine felt so good. Her lips fit perfectly with mine, and her body...

Fuck.

I tried to keep it cool and polite, not all buddy buddy and shit at the restaurant because we wasn't buddies. I ain't know what we was. But what I did know, was when I walked into that restaurant, and saw Yazmine Carter, sitting at our table I was irritated. I knew Trey's ass was on his matchmaking shit, but Yaz?

I ain't know if I wanted to go backwards. I chased that girl sophomore year, for her to turn around and tell me she had to let me go. She ain't give me much of a choice, so I left, in more ways than one.

But damn, she looked gorgeous. Hadn't seen her ass in three years. I mean, yeah sometimes I stalked her socials, but it wasn't the same. That smooth, soft brown skin. She knew what the fuck she was doing, in that dress. That white dress, every curve accentuated. Hair tousled looking, make up minimal.

I swore up and down I ain't want Yaz in my mind, but my body...my body was telling me other things. When I saw her storm out of the restaurant, I knew she still had feelings for me. At first I was mesmerized by the sway of her hips as she walked away. Until I realized that she was walking away. Again.

This time, I wasn't about to let her. So now here I was, telling her with my lips, I ain't wanna let go. I was supposed to have it all right? My pops and me were good, my aunty and uncle ain't need anything, I got my degree, my career was taking off, and bitches threw me pussy like it was confetti.

But then there was Yaz. I could tell this wasn't the same insecure, unsure girl whose apartment I walked into those years ago. Nah shawty grew the fuck up, I could see it in her eyes. When I first met her, something in her eyes told me to save her.

I ain't want to. I tried to ignore it. But I finally gave in. That was gone. She ain't wanna be saved no more. Nah, she ain't need to be.

Yaz saved herself. She broke our kiss, and leaned back, confusion flashing in those brown eyes of hers.

"How you go from not wanting to see me, to kissing me?"

I shook my head. "It ain't even like that."

"Then what's it like?"

"I gave you space. I gave you time. But shit, I'm back. And I want you back." I ain't even mean for none of that to slip out. Shit, I was surprising myself. I wasn't supposed to be pursuing this girl.

I waited for her to hit me with excuses. But she ain't.

"Okay."

"That's it?" I narrowed my eyes at her. It ain't never been that easy with Yaz.

"That's it." And she closed the space in between us and started kissing me. I wasted no time in kissing her back.

My hands journeyed to her thighs, with the white dress riding up em. Damn, this girl had me sprung.

I wanted to fuck her in the McDonalds parking lot. Nah I wanted to take her home and hold her.

I ain't know what I wanted. I just wanted her.