There was a flash and we jerked apart, blinking. I looked up, and saw a man holding a huge camera. Now how the fuck did the paparazzi find me that quick?

"Shit." I grumbled, sitting back in my seat. "Let's go."

Yaz started the car and backed out and the camera just kept going off.

"I be forgetting you famous now."

"Me too." I ain't think about how my so called fame would affect our new relationship. I still wasn't used to the pap, I don't know if I ever would be.

Yaz was speeding down the Indianapolis streets. "You staying with Trey, right?"

"I was. Might get an Airbnb or some shit."

"Where you want me to drop you off?"

"Fuck that, I'm coming home with you."

"Who said you could come over?" She shot me a look.

"I ain't know I needed permission."

She bit her lip. "You can come over, but don't try nothing."

"Whachu mean by that?"

She rolled her eyes. "I ain't sleeping with you."

"Oh."

"I know all about all those lil celebrity girls you be messing with, you gotta get tested."

I smirked. "So you been stalking me?"

"No! I mean, like it was all over theshaderoom, wasn't like I was trying to see it, you know I like theshaderoom..." she trailed off.

"I'm clean, Yaz. I get tested every two weeks."

She nodded, and focused on the road. I shook my head. So she had been keeping tabs on my ass too. My phone vibrated and I checked it.

Becky: We still on for tonight?

Shit! I forgot all about her ass.

Me: My bad. Nah.

"How are you Devonte? Really?"

"I'm straight. I'm doing shit I never thought I would do, like this shit crazy."

"Yeah. And I'm proud of you. I remember when you invited me to that performance at that club that time. When I saw you up there I knew you would make it."

I just nodded. It was obvious she always believed in me, back then. Just ain't seem like she believed in herself. Or us.

I thought back on the painting I saw at Trey's spot. "I see you been doing yo thing too."

"Huh?"

"Trey had some of your paintings up."

"Oh," she chuckled. "Yeah I actually been selling paintings these days. Not a lot, but I've sold three big pieces."

"That's dope."

"Thanks."

I was high key proud of her though. She had mad talent and I knew she was gonna be somebody in the art world. That girl had ambition.

She pulled up to a gate and punched in her code or something. It was weird seeing how she had moved. It was like, a lot was the same, but a lot was different too.

She parked and we got out. As she walked in front of me, I was once again reminded that tonight was supposed to have been us at a fancy as shit restaurant. Shit, I was dressed the fuck up and I rarely dressed up.