Chapter 1. Alice

Chapter 1. Alice

I continued to stare at myself in the mirror, noticing that my short hair was beginning to get long again. It was almost down to my chin, and I couldn't help but to wonder if I should shave it all off. I wanted to make Casey proud of me, I wanted to make her feel like she wasn't alone. That I would still remember her. This time, I didn't want to. I missed my long hair. I needed it.

Sometimes I wondered if I was being selfish. But things had changed from sophomore year. I was now a senior. I barely remembered what Casey looked like anymore.

Dark brown hair... Brown eyes... What was the shape of her face? Oh... was it round? It was hard to remember.

I curled my blond hair in ringlets, to make it look pretty, and at the same time I did my mascara. I was talented at it now. I didn't use to put on makeup, but now I did. Ever since my life transformed.

It was a Sunday night, the sky was getting darker, and I was taking a walk down my street, when a poster hung along a tree. Curiously, I walked over to it and read it. It wasn't like there was anything better that I had to do. The poster was beginning to interest me.

I remember it like the back of my hand. The sign. That sign changed my life. 

                                                                IN SEARCH OF TALENT 

LOOKING FOR FEMALES THROUGH THE AGES OF 14-17 TO AUDITION FOR A SELECT ACAPELLA GROUP. WHOEVER MAKES THE AUDITION WILL COMPETE WITH THEIR TEAM OF THREE OTHER GIRLS,(A TOTAL OF FOUR FEMALES) IN THE TEENAGE FEMALE ACAPELLA GROUP CONTEST. IF YOU WIN THAT CONTEST, YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE SIGNED TO A RECORD DEAL. PLEASE CALL, 555-0126 FOR DETAILS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. 

At first, the sign seemed fishy. Like some creeper guy was trying to rape people or something. But I called, and my mom approved to let me audition. Let me just tell you, I had ALWAYS wanted to be in an acapella group. It was my dream. I didn't expect to be doing it alone, I wanted to do it with Casey. But now it was my dream. I guess I was kind of living it in her honor.

I seemed to have no fear. Except when the audition came. That was terrifying. There was actually two auditions. 

The first audition was actual singing. I had some sort of soft soprano voice that people told me sounded angelic. So I sang a song that I wrote. That was a piece of cake.

When the other audition came, my palms were sweaty, and my heart was beating. I almost died of embarrassment. You had to act as an instrument. And I was attempting to be the bass part. Jesus christ. People laughed like I was a freaking circus clown. But apparently my voice was enough. Because I was put into a group. And that group made it. 

We made it to the top.

Now I could go through all the details, but lets just skip to the important parts. 

Darcy, Ruby, Evie and me. We named ourselves, Four Girls In Curls. 

Darcy was what you would call the leader. She is practically the lead instrument. Making all these instruments with her voice in the background. Not only was she the leader, but she's a real bitch about it too. Everything, and I mean everything, has to be perfect with Darcy. And if it's not... Well, I don't really want to go there. 

Ruby is the alto in our group. Usually the peace keeper. She's probably the prettiest in the entire group. She's a lesbian though, which a lot of people don't know. So when fans that are boys hit on her, it's pretty awkward. 

And then, there's Evie. My favorite. Probably the sweetest girl in the entire world. Probably the sweetest, because you never hear a word out of the girl. She's so silent. Except when she's singing. Honestly, I think she's the most talented in the entire group. Darcy barely gives her any solos. Ever. She doesn't like Evie. 

And then there's me, Darcy's least favorite. Evie's favorite. The lead vocalist (Thank god!). And the only blond. 

 I'm sitting in my room doing homework, bored out of mind, when my two best friends, McKayla and Julie walk in. I smile brightly, and walk over and give them both hugs.

"I missed you both so much," I said. 

"We missed you too, babycakes," Julie said as she walks over to my bed and flops down on it. 

"I missed her more, loser," McKayla gives me a kiss on the cheek, which isn't weird. We're like sisters. But everyone at school thinks it's weird.

"Why are you guys here?" I asked.

"Maybe we could have a sleep-" Julie begins to ask, but she's cut off by my iphone ringing.

"Sorry, I have to take this, it's Darcy." I run over and grab my phone, and push the accept icon. 

"Get your best outfit on!" Darcy exclaims in my ear. "We're going to a party."

"Umm... What party?" I hate to admit this, but,  I absolutely hate parties. But if the leader wants something, she gets it. It's not like I can bail, I practically HAVE to go to a party if the paparrazzi is going to be there. It's like a rule. They will think I quit the Four Girls In Girls if I don't show up with them. 

"It's going to be great! Right in Times Square! So many people are excited to see us show up!"

"Okay, come and pick me up?" I ask. Julie and McKayla stare at me in desbelief. And I have to admit, it kind of stings. 

"Oh, I won't pick you up. The limo will." And with that, the call was ended.

"I'm sorry guys, this is super important!" I exclaim.

"It always is," Julie adds.

"I'll be back soon! Wait here!" I say. 

I grab my Chloe handbag, run out of the front door, and there it is. That fantastic limo waiting for me.

A/N: (May 7th 2013)  AHHH(: I'm super duper excited the first Chapter is FINALLY UPLOADED(: I know a lot of people have been waiting.. and that's great. I doubt this book will be as popular as the first one, (Crazy Little Thing Called Love) but I really hope it will be! I hope you all enjoy this one. I've been picturing different scenes from this book in my head... (Mostly in algebra class) so I've got it all figured out. :D I think my uploading day is Tuesdays. Somedays I'll upload even before then. Have any questions? Please let me know in the comment box below or inbox me! Thanks guys! xo