The Fight

*Edited 6/3/18-6/4/18*

Chapter Six

Ky's P.O.V.

I watched as Nicole scared those boys away, and I couldn't help the smile that crept on my face. The way she turned back at me and met my eyes made me amazed at the awe of her in the air right now. 

Travis wanted to beat those boys up after the way they treated her, he even helped her clean off her locker. I have never seen Travis so nice to a girl, which really surprised me. I don't know what the nagging feeling was that poked my side, but I pushed it aside as I walked on. 

Nicole was a little late to our first class but into second period, she seemed to have completely forgotten about today's events. She slumped down in her seat next to me and I looked at her and switched my mindset with a smile. "So class, today we will be working with our partners." Mr. Carter said. 

I smiled because I will be working with Nicole, and I knew how the stabbing thought must bother her right now. As soon as Mr. Carter stopped talking, everybody started whispering with their partners. 

"So, um, if you want... I can do the whole project. Nobody has to know that we worked together." She told me with a serious tone set in her eyes. "No it's a partner project, so we have to work together." I told her, digging in excitement in how I get to find out more about her. 

"Ok... well," she spoke hesitantly, "here is my number, just call me when you have time." She told me with a unsure smile on her face. I took the paper and stuffed it in my pocket and we started talking on what we should do our project on all period. 

"We could do the history of basketball." I suggested with all assurance. "Yeah, or the history of a basketball player." We told each other and she laughed at the end making me smile at our commons. 

"How about we do something that people wouldn't guess that we would do? Like I used to be a swimmer and we could do that?" She told me. I never realized how smart she was; she was in like all A.P. classes, I'm in about two and it's hard enough for me.

"Okay, I used to be on a water polo team so we can do that." I told her and she looked up giving me a questioning expression. "I know, that doesn't seem like me but I did." I told her and she sarcastically laughed as I'm sure, images popped in her head.

Then the bell rang and we made our way to our lockers. Luckily, hers was just diagonal from mine which made her easy to spy on. I hate to admit it, but there is just an aura about her that deflects every claim made against her.  

When we separated to put our books away, I saw both the boys from early making their storming way down the hall. I followed their eye line straight down the way to Nicole who's stuffing her locker while being distracted with her phone. 

I whistled at her, catching everybody's attention including the one I was aiming towards. She grew aware right as they both came spatting threat in her face. I was cautious as I walked around behind them. 

A crowd began encircling them and I mumbled at people to disperse back. I am not going to get involved unless she gets knocked off her pedestal. I simply stood behind the boys, out of their vision.  

"Just stop." She said, highly bothered as she shoved them both back. I stepped back to give them room to fall back, but they were persistent to make their anger shown as they went in the opposite direction of me. Before one of the could grab her, I got to them first.

"I will make sure that you get kicked off the team for doing this, so if you want to keep fighting me, I can also get you suspended." I told one with a friendly smile as I held them back by their collars. The spitfire boy that tends to keep his mouth shut, shoved my arm off his neck. 

"You don't even know my name." The boy smirked at me. I stepped back and flashed them both a smile, confusing them in order to grab my black iphone. In a split second, I took a picture of his face, and my grin grew wider with mischief. 

"Now I can ask around, or, I can go straight to the principle." I gave him a sweet smile. He sighed and my victory was already settled between the two morons. "W-Well, what if we destroy your phone?" The other kid spat at me as he attempted one last battle tactic. 

I took another quick picture of his face and I could see other kids around us taking videos, so I smiled sarcastically at him. "Really, do you want to bet on that threat?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

Synchronized, they looked over at Nicole, and slowly she pulled out her phone as well. "Break 'em, you buy 'em." She said with darkness in her eyes as she gestured to the kids behind her. She looked over at me and I flashed her a secretive smile that she did not return. 

"Okay, fine. My name is Terrell Jones." One of the boys gave up as the other had steam basically blowing through his ears. "Might as well give up my name too!" Steam-roller yelled and sulked his way through the crowd while pushing others out of his way. 

I huffed out a laugh to our small victory and turned back to Nicole as the crowd dispersed and we were left alone. "One point for the girls, I guess." I joked and suddenly felt thick air settle between us. 

"Yea," Nicole turned back to her open locker to gather her books, "thanks." Without another word, she bumped past me to her next class. I was left standing alone questioning my own words as the bell rang and I was already late. 

~~~~

Sorry the chapter is a bit short. I wanted to start the next part in Nicole's P.O.V. in a new chapter. Thanks! Love you all!!