A Night To Remember

Chapter Thirty Three

Well, Here I am again. Staring...simply staring. Into the abyss of my closet. "How?" I question aloud and Hannah mumbles a swear on her breath. "Sometimes things just get left behind..." She suggested and I gave her a bitter look.

"I bet I left it at Rachel's house! Ugh, why does the world want me to suffer so badly? I loved that sweater, Nana gave it to me." I puckered out my lower lip and gave her my best cry baby face. "Hey, we made amends with her." My hopes perked up. 

"We exchanged happy birthdays, but I know, we are 'mature' now." I put emphasize in my statement by using air quotes. "I do feel bad for the note we left on, and I do wish that I had broken things more gently, but..." My mind swirled with several phrases I wanted to blurt.

Hannah stared at me, intrigued with what I'm about to say. "But I think once she realized how we felt, she realized the mistakes that she's making. She blew her chance with us, but we are helping her to not blow her chance with other friends."

I sighed and flopped onto my bed. Hannah shoved me over and laid beside me. We curled up into each other, practically laying together as sisters. "You always try and see the best." She said and kissed my forehead. I smiled back and blew on her face making her nose scrunch up.

"Key word, try." I winked at her as a seductive joke. "Oh you want to go there?" Not that voice. Not that look. I pushed myself off the bed as soon as I heard Hannah rip a loud one right on my bed. "Han!" I screamed and threw my hands in the air.

"You know that doesn't wash out." I pinch my nose before the smell can get to me. "Give it an eternity." She leaned back on my bed into her own stench and I simply smiled. Moments like this perk the best days.

"Nicole!" I heard my mom shout from the hallway and I could tell she was walking our way. Oh no... "I found thi-...what is that smell!" She screeched, covering her nose. My finger immediately pointed to the guilty one and my mom gave me a questioning look.

"Are you sure?" She asked underneath her clothing. "You are equally as bad, darling." True. My mother has spoken some very true words. I look at Hannah and she knows very well that she cannot pin this on me.

"Oh I promise you...not me." I put my hands up in surrender. My mom rolls her eyes and picks up an article of clothing off the floor. "Well I thoug-." I screamed and clutched the grey, white, and black sweater into my chest. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I jumped up and down and kissed her cheek. She smiled brightly and shook her head. "Just try it on. I know I'm not the best fashionista in the family but I thought I might as well try and give your outfit a motherly touch." 

She looked like she was about to cry as she spoke and my body reacted off the bat and pulled her into a tight hug. "I think you are a very great fashionista!" Hannah pointed out behind us and I scoffed with a roll of my eyes. 

"Moment killer." I muttered at her and she squinted her eyes back. "Get dressed! Chop, chop you two!" My mom clapped her hands as she walked out of my room and shut my door behind her. I smiled with the matching sweating in my hands

I helped Hannah change into her beautiful black and red dress that was very similar to mine in color, but hers was ankle length. I simply adored the way it wrapped around her perfectly and made her look like the perfect princess.

Dresses usually make me look like a skinny-ish Shrek. If even that. They just don't seem to want to work with me, and I have the feeling I'm simply going to embarrass myself tonight. I hope Ky doesn't get his hopes up with seeing me in a dress.

Or he might just end up quite disappointed. I'd really hate to do that to him. "Can you lace up the back?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me as I completed her request. "Now which do you think you are going to wear?" She pointed between the two dresses.