You Lose Only To Gain

*Edited 9/23/18*

Chapter Twenty Six

"You what?" My mother screamed at me. I looked over at my father and he looked as though he was turning into a ghost. His eyes went wide and his face turned white. "Let me finish." I said, trying to stay as calm as possible.

"So, I lied and went to a party. I went with someone who I thought I could trust. A-." "Oh this just keeps getting even better, what are you going to tell me, you didn't use protection?" My mother exclaimed and my face flushed. She really had to bring that up...

My dad now looked like he was truly going to faint. He took a seat and looked up at me with pleading eyes to get to the end of this story and to let it be good. Sorry dad, but we haven't reached the hard part yet.

"His name was Sam, and you met him a few times at my swim meets. Turns out he was a... previous convict for sexual assault. I didn't know until he used a date-rape drug in my drink. I barely drank anything!" I tried to reason to make any part of this story sound better. 

I saw my father put his hand over his chest and I felt my throat tighten. "He tried to force himself upon me and I was so weak..." I trailed off as the details out loud seemed to surreal.  "I managed to get the upper hand for a second until-" I cut myself short as I recalled Ky's grand entrance. 

I thought they would be proud of me at least for being able to defend myself. Pushing aside the positive victory, my mom looked like she wanted to cry. They both were speechless, hoping that this story would end at the simple attempt. 

"I got away again, and when he came for me again, Ky showed up." I said and their faces lit up. I like how they immediately fall in love with Ky the moment he does something perfect. "He saved me and a few of the other basketball boys took Sam away from me.

"Ky took me to his house because he didn't want to bring me home how I was." I said then they turned back to angry faces. Ugh, make up your mind people! "That idiot boy, I swear if he did anything to you I wi-."

"His father was there, Grayson Mcullen. He is a very successful lawyer and he is going to help put Sam on trail as an adult." I finished quickly and they both looked in shock. My dad stood up and took my hands. "And you're...going to testify?" He asked, concerned.

"If it will put him away so he can never do this to another girl, then of course." I said, full of confidence. "We'll support you." A strong and strange but familiar voice said behind us. My parents peered around me and I turned around.

"Scotty." I said and covered my mouth mid-gasp. My eyes began to swell as I ran and jumped straight into his arms. He is still in uniform. He held my hug and tucked me into his shoulder as I wrapped my legs around his torso.

Paige appeared behind him and looked unsure whether she should be here or not. Scotty set me down, but I still clung to him. My mom walked over to her and gave her a kind and genuine smile with a nod.

She looked at Scott and hugged him tight. My dad shook his hand then pulled him in a hug and I couldn't tell who squeezed the bear hug tighter. Scotty peeled back and looked down at me. I squirmed under his hard glare.

"I told you high school parties suck." He said and I couldn't tell if he was scolding me or not. "I still wore my band t-shirts." I said and flashed him a shy smile. He patted my head and chuckled. "At-ta girl." He said as though I was a dog.

Speaking of dogs... Skylar and Camryn came scurrying around the corner and jumped on Scotty. He stumbled and squatted down so he could pet both of them. When he stood up, his face turned serious. Great, here we go.