Rachel's Riddance

*Edited 7/17/18-7/18/18*

'Grow A Pear' by Ke$ha

Chapter Sixteen

My nerves were causing me to be a wreck for weeks. I was scared that Scott would tell mom or dad, and whenever they call my name, I jump as my brain immediately starts searching for excuses. But so far everything has gone good and today we are leaving.

I grumbled my way to the car and threw my bag in the back of the truck. My dad hopped in the passenger side as I climb up in the driver's side. Scott and Paige climb in the back, and I sigh as I turn the black truck on. 

It is three in the morning and I am meeting the team at the airport because they went together, without me.

"Do you want me to drive?" My dad offers as he plugs in his phone to the USB. "No, I am going to pick up Starbucks anyways." I said as I pulled into the drive through of a twenty-four-seven Starbucks. 

I ordered a Carmel frappuccino and banana bread because Hannah had raised me right as her best friend. I got Scotty a soy latte along with Paige getting cookies and a cream cappuccino with my father's two scones. 

I pulled off into the pitch black night and onto the highway. Nobody seemed to be out, so I decided to drive a little more relaxed than normal. I leaned back and let out a sigh as my dad turned on Shaggy to groove us awake.

Me and him sang along as my brother closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose in embarrassment. Paige laughed and kissed under his chin until we all ended up singing along all the way to the airport.

I couldn't stop jiggling from the effects of the coffee, plus I couldn't wait to see Hannah and Scarlett, but for Rachel I didn't share the same feelings. Something deep in my gut actually feared having to look at her face to face since our recent 'text battles'. 

When Hannah had snapped at me a week or so ago, it had been because Rachel has been stabbing them in the back, and Hannah said that it's not only Rachel that's antagonizing her. Rachel has been hanging out with Zoe Alhim and Abby Mark.

They are the school mean girls. They'll cuddle up to you and pretend to be friendly until the moment arrives when they rip every inch of pride in your life apart. They barely use a percentage of their brains, and they wear so much lip gloss I could literally use it as a mirror.

They are peppy and have controlled the entire student body ever since elementary school when they established their titles. I had thought of them whenever I looked at the old Olivia, but now Olivia could go to war with them and I am pretty sure she would win every outcome.

My mother kept telling me that I had to let go of Rachel and my ignorance to her guiding words had caused me to get hurt so many times throughout my own past. I have fought for my friend instead of preserving my relationship with my mother which had driven a wedge between us for the longest time. 

I always wondered if that was the smart choice, and whenever I was around her, it was all I could think of. But she is manipulative, and I felt like the D.U.F.F. always around her. I always fought with others to get her attention and to get her to laugh at my jokes, which was barely worth it. 

I would always try everything to be better than Hannah and Scarlett in Rachel's eyes, but now that she has finally fallen all the way down, it's time for our payback time for all the times she threatened us, embarrassed us, and physically hurt us. 

I sip the last bit of whip cream before I pull into one of the parking spots after about an hour of driving. We all shuffle out and my dad hands me my black duffel bag before he starts staring at me with puppy eyes. "Come on dad." I whine a little embarrassed. "I'm sorry it's just..." He smiles proudly down at me.