Designated Destination

*Edited 7/12/18-7/17/18*

'Stand By Me' by Florence + The Machine

Chapter Fifteen

Nicole's P.O.V.

It was all astonishing. The laughing, the smiling, the bubbly feeling inside my stomach, and the fuzzy feeling in my head. The words 'family' slipping my lips, it finally felt like it fit in perfectly and that I have somewhere to go.

Somewhere with family. We aren't just a team, we are family. Some people have simple friends on their team, but I have a family that I can depend on. Nobody else could spread the same type of smiles across our faces. All this laughter and smiling made a hole churn in my stomach. 

Problems back in my home state have been burning my brain. Rachel, she has a problem with toying with people like they are her puppets, and when she gets tired of them, she plays with them and when they prove unable, she throws them away.

Only small difference about Scarlett, Hannah, and I was that we weren't simply puppets to her, but like a pet. We were stuck with her because we were the only people left that wouldn't cower away then run at the smallest chance. 

We thought we could fix her or forgive her for her past. When I moved, I had left my friends to do that job alone. I have no doubt that they can defend themselves from Rachel, but when it comes to the entire school talking about them, I worry about them emotionally. 

Rachel has been having psychotic problems lately, Hannah told me. I didn't want to think Rachel has turned her back to us, but it seems wishes are weak. I just wish I could be there for the both of them. 

Scarlett tries her best to stay out of the drama, and trust me as do I, but it's hard when the cause follows you around because you are best friends. But as I know Scarlett will walk away from those problems, Hannah will stay and try to fix them. I can't have her getting hurt. 

I know she's had...hitting problems in the past, Nicole, but this is different. She slapped our GBF because he had secretly taken a Snapchat picture of her! When we asked her to apologize, she had told us that she's not as pathetic as us. 

"Ma'am?" A bored tone took me out of my thoughts as I looked up to meet the cashiers eyes, who's desperately trying to get me to take my To-Go box from his hands. I looked to my side and noticed how I had held up the line for who-knows how long. 

My cheeks grew bright red as I mumbled my apologies and took the box from his hands and tuck it into a plastic bag. I walked away and began gathering small containers of BBQ sauce for my brother seeing as this is his food. 

I kept trying to call him, but his phone only went straight to voicemail. He claimed he would drop me off to my team lunch and be right back as he just had to take my truck. Eh, a twenty minute walk isn't that bad as long as I hustle. The fog has started to lounge on the ground and gather itself together, making it hard to see a few steps in front of me.

The boys had started leaving earlier in large groups so I had decided then to buy my brother a fresh dinner, but when I had stepped outside, I had noticed all of them huddled around Travis's Camero. 

"Nicole!" Travis yelled while waving me over. When I had reach them, they fan out and I noticed that Ky is among them. "Okay, this question has been lingering on my mind..." He starts out and looked at the other guys as they ushered him on to ask. 

I raised my eyebrows for him to continue so I can leave sooner. "...but why did you push the balls through the vent instead of just carrying them through the door when you kicked it open?" He asked as the others nodded in agreement as they wondered just the same.