•DALLY•

a loud thud sounded from the living room and it woke me from my slumber. i practically fell off the bed when i heard it, thinking it was a burglar.

if two wasn't asleep in bed already i would think it was him, stumbling in drunk. i hushed my heavy breathing and i slowly reached for my switch blade on my nightstand.

i clicked it open and i crept out of my room, holding it up incase someone tried to hurt me.

a hand pulled my arm that held the blade back and another hand wrapped around my mouth. my heart stopped when i got the blade knocked out of my hand, it fell on the carpet so it didn't make any sound.

i was pulled back into someone's chest and i tried screaming but it was almost silent and muffled.

"hey, calm down will you melody? it's me dally," a gruff voice growled before letting me go.

"dallas!" i whisper yelled furiously," what the hell?! you can't just grab me like that!"

"well you had a freaking blade, i probably would've killed me, man." he exclaimed pointing to the blade on the carpet next to my bare feet.

i bent down and picked it up. i glared at him," well i'm gonna kill you anyway. you scared the crap outta me, what do you want."

"to stay the night," he whispered.

"what?" i shook my head, obviously i was not hearing him right.

"i want to stay the night." he repeated.

"i don't even i-" i stopped and took in a deep breath,"whatever. take the couch." i threw him a dirty look.

"what did i do to you?!" he asked.

"i had finally fallen asleep. you know i have a huge paranoia of people breaking into the house? it keeps me up at night and you didn't make that any better right now," i whined, i felt the tears prickle my eyes and my face felt hot.

"i'm sorry, hey come on, i'll sleep in your room and keep watch if you want," he suggested.

"no way, i don't want you trying to get in my pants, you'll have my older brother to deal with if you do that," i grumbled walking away from him and shutting my door behind me.

it took awhile but i finally fell asleep again, but it didn't take long before a nightmare set in.

"melody," dally was shaking me awake.

"mmm," i moaned, my head always hurt after i woke up.

"your screaming in here, i could hear you all the way from the living room," he turned the lamp on and i could see his tired eyes, he looked like he hadn't slept all night.

"i'm fine dally, just go back to the couch," i grumbled. i really didn't want to talk about my nightmares, especially not with dally. nobody knew about them, twobit would hear me screaming if he wasn't so deep in drunken sleep every night.

"no." he said bluntly," move over. i'm staying in here with you."

i didn't move and i told him no. he pushed me over and climbed into bed with me. "dallas!" i groaned.

"oh get over yourself, i ain't gonna try anything," he promised.

i sighed and laid my head back down on the pillow,"just turn the light back off."

he turned the light off and the pitch back filled me with a sense of panic. i felt more comfortable in pitch black though, it was odd.

i felt myself heavy breathing and i started shaking slightly, but it was enough for dally to notice.

"hey, are you okay?" he propped himself up on his elbow and looked at me. i shook my head and he pulled me into him. it was weird, we were... cuddling? i liked it, it made me feel calmer.

"do you want to talk about it?" he asked while petting my hair.

"no, n-not really. mainly i just lose everyone in the gang in my dreams," i confessed," like two, johnny, soda, you."

"you'll never loose me," he looked at me again.

i looked up at him and i saw a sort of softness that i usually didn't see in his cold eyes. i didn't understand earlier why dally wanted to stay with me so much, but now i did. he liked me,maybe he even loved me.

i wrapped my hand around the back of his neck and i kissed him. naturally he was taken back at first, but then he kissed back quickly.

"keep that promise, please," i breathed after i pulled away from him. he rested his forehead on mine and he had his eyes closed.

"i will, and by keeping that promise i wanna make you mine, melody," he grinned.

"are you asking me out?" i teased, knowing he was.

"yeah, i am," he confirmed.

"than yes!" i exclaimed kissing him again.

i cuddled back into him and i didn't feel panicked any more, i felt safe in his arms. i knew he would keep his promise, no matter what.