Grandmother's Tale

Start from the beginning

" A tank must be coming through" said a soldier. As Harry had noticed we've run into a trap

"Take Cover!" He yelled as a landmine had went off just metres away from us. Hiding and reloading as one went off  after another. Never in my life, let alone in my two months of being trapped here have i seen anything explode in my face and raddle my ear drums. The sound of it was deafening. With rocks and debris filling our lungs as blood, guts and missing limbs had scattered the area. As one man had been shot several times was coughing up blood and missing an arm laid beside me trying to hide. Out of fear and instinct to help keep him alive. I kept him elevated enough so he wouldn't drown in his own blood. By the time Covered his arm and stopped the bleeding. He had already went unconcious due to the amount of blood he had lost. 

"Tell My mother I Love Her" He said before passing. Trying to keep him alive, I felt someone grab me. " You're Just as Dead as he is If You Continue To help!" Harry yelled as he was trying to save me from getting shot at.  Sadly we left the soldier but at least i tried to do as much as i can to save him.

the remaining of us had made it into the forest which made us more of a target since there could be snipers hiding in the trees. Two of our men had made their ways into the highest trees to keep watch incase of any intruders. While Harry and I vas well as a couple other soldiers set up a camp for the night. I gathered up some wood to help start a camp fire. I had slipped infanta's old cigarette lighter from my slipper and lit the fire starters. Setting it down and watching it ignite the firewood for warmth. I sat by it and watched the stars light the night sky. As spitfires flew past wishing I'd make it out of this alive. As Harry and the other soldiers rested in their tents. I wished for them a safe victory and return. For however long this war may be.
Harry's POV....
I fell asleep as soon as we set up camp. With the smell of burning pine filling my lungs and the warmth of it near by. I woke from my short slumber. Only to see Victoria Hunched over. Checking to see if she was alright. I brushed back her hair as she'd woken from a deep sleep. She looks at me with tired eyes. Fear and exhaustion written all over her face. 
You wanna share my tent love?.
As she rubbed her eyes and asked
"I didn't know I had fallen asleep?, what time is it?" As I had guessed it was passed 23:30 at night.
You could've set this whole forest on fire?. I whispered as she realised.
"Let's put it out then?" She said as i grabbed my water container and put out the fire.  And led her into the tent. Knowing we had to be up and move out in a few hours. Closing the tent and letting her rest beside me. Keeping her warm beside me as she cuddled next to my chest. Watching her chest rise and fall peacefully. Caressing her hair as she dreamt. Hearing her talk in her sleep. Within hours turned into seconds it felt like. It was time to leave. Rubbing her back and carefully nudging her as I placed a kiss above her cheek. And whispered, Victoria ?, Victoria wake up we've got to move out before the enemy finds us liv?. I said as she rose up slowly and Yawned as she Stretched out a bit. He dark hair wavy in a tousled mess. Noticing it had rained. Since the entire tent was damp. She carefully gets up. As I stopped her and peeped out in watch of our surroundings. I got a signal from one of our men in the trees warning that the enemy is coming in from the east, ten of them preparing for an ambush. Signalling us to move out quickly.
Carrying Victoria and loading my gun and moving out as swiftly as I could.
Her face had paler than usual as she was barely able to keep her eyes open. Wondering what might be wrong with her. Vic? are you alright?. Vic, I said out of panic. Setting her down behind a tree and tending to her. As she rolled her head to the side of it watching her steady breathing slow to a short pulse. Noticing she had an infected wound that had grown and began eating away the flesh surrounding it. I grabbed her first aid kit and disinfected the wound and put some ointment on it and wrapped it securely with gauze tissue. Making sure the infection will die down. I gave her the antibiotics I had saved incase any of my comrades needed it. Making her drink from my flask taking the medicine so she'd improve on her health.
"Thanks Harry" she said faintly. As she continues to rest. Until she was well enough to walk with my fellow comrades and I. Hearing the sound of gunshots from behind. Shit they must be close!. I said loading my gun and handing One Already loaded to Liv. As she cocked it and aimed ready to shoot any nazi that comes out of the woods.

Present Day.
Victoria's POV..
I spoke with my great grandkids the other day at the palace and they always love to hear the story of when I killed four nazis in a day while on a hike in the forest with their great granddad.
I'll never forget the look on his face

As Continued
Harry's POV..
We continued walking through the woods until I heard something rustle in the trees as I heard Victoria Yell "Harry Watch Out!" As she had shot an SS. Trying to protect me as more shots rang out. She Killed another one. As another comes up behind her and chokes her with his semi automatic rifle. She struggles for a moment while trying to fight him off as I shot him through the side of his head. Covered in blood takes his blade as well as his weapon and spits on him. Out of instinct she turned around and started spraying the trees and bushes with bullets in case of any survivors. Not knowing what has gotten into her at the moment. But it was pretty brave of her.
"Thank god you're not hurt" she Says as she walks over to me.
And kisses my forehead as gratitude. "Didn't think I was ever gonna need it" she said in reference to knowing how to defend herself.
I giggled at the fact that she'd gotten so brave as well as she'd kissed me. Looking into her blue eyes still bright with beauty, charm and elegance. She had a hint of Kicking Ass when necessary. I've never saw someone so beautiful as she is. Part of me wants to make love to her. While the other half insists that I wait.