Chapter 24: It's Not Over Yet

As Zia and company makes their way towards an intermediate town between Celadon City and the next nearest gym, they get stopped along the way.

"AHHH!" They hear Emmy scream from behind them. Zia and Sky turn around to see a Kadabra with a hand on the Servine's shoulder. Now having their attention, Kadabra makes its way towards Zia. "Umm, hi?" She says uncertainly. The Pokemon nods as it hands her a piece of paper and a thin book. Zia looks confused as she reads the note.

Dear Zia,

As promised, I have sent Kadabra to give you this and a book to help with your powers. You may or may not have some of those in there, it's a book filled with general psychic powers and their descriptions. You mustn't lose it. If you still need help or advice, just give me a call. I'll also be expecting those visits alright?

From~ Your Sister Sabrina

Zia smiled as she finished reading it and put the note in her bag. Facing the Kadabra again she chuckled lightly. "So you're Sabrina's Kadabra. I'm sorry for not figuring it out earlier." She said. It nodded as it gave her the book then teleported away.

"What is it?" Sky asked curiously. "Yeah, yeah! What is it!?" Emmy asked as well, only more enthusiastic. "It's a book from Sabrina to help me with these psychic powers I seem to have. I also haven't talked to my mom about it yet either." Zia muttered at the end. The two Pokemon nodded as they all found a clearing to stop at and rest.

They all sat together as Zia opened the book. She flipped through it, only wanting to find one certain page. "I found it!" She shouted as she stopped turning the pages. Emmy and Sky jumped at her volume but became interested. "What were you looking for?" Sky questioned her. Zia smiled as she answered. "I wanted to find something on how I can talk to you guys like this." She said. The two nodded as she read through it.

Telepathy

It can be used for speaking to Pokemon through brain waves even if the Pokemon is not a psychic type themselves. At first, the psychic will have to talk out loud to get used to it, as it may be difficult to immediately switch to just thought communications. Additionally, if someone completely masters this technique, they do not even need to talk with their voices, just their thoughts. The same goes for the Pokemon.
Steps: 1. Have a good relationship with the other party.
2. Both parties need to allow access to their brain waves for the other to talk to them.
3. Once it is easy and comfortable to talk out loud, find a quiet place and try to establish a stronger connect and communicate via thoughts only.
4. Once comfortable with step 3, try the same thing but in a more crowded and loud area.

"This is amazing." Zia says in surprise. "Yeah, I didn't think we could talk with just our thoughts." Emmy responds. "It will be useful to not stand out as well." Sky mutters quietly.

Suddenly, a call on Zia's Xtransceiver popped up. Confused at the unknown number, she answers. "KC?" Zia says in confusion. "Yeah, it's me. Look I really need your help." He says through the face call with a worried expression. "What's wrong?" She asks hurriedly, starting to pack her things up.

"You remember Cax right? Officer Jenny did shut down his operation and had enough evidence to arrest him but..." He trailed off. Zia got slightly impatient and asked what it is he's trying to say. "He, he got away! And what's worse is he's got Kirlia!" He shouted in a panic.

"How'd he get her?!" Zia questioned him. He frowned in thought as he answered. "He escaped from the holding cell he was at before the court ruling could start. He probably had some of his goons helping him. Then, since he's still out for Kirlia for some reason, he tracked us down where we were staying with Brock and broke in. Then he kidnapped her and now I'm searching for her." He explained to the worried girl. "Where are you at now?" She asked him, getting back on the main path.