Chapter 12: The H2O Pranksters

Still on their way to Vermilion for Zia's 3rd gym badge, the group is walking down an ordinary path. They all seem to be in high spirits. What could possibly ruin their good mood this fine day?

"OWW!" Zia yelled as she fell head first into a pit fall. "Why are pitfalls so popular?!" Emmy exasperated. "Just get off my tail Emmy!" Sky snapped as Emmy looked down to see she fell on the Luxio's tail. "Sorry..."

"If this was some sort of prank it is not funny." Zia muttered in annoyance. "Vinnie, pull us up with vine whip, please." Zia called as she released the Bulbasaur above the pitfall. Vinnie snickered at the sight. "What's so funny?!" Emmy asked. "You all seem to have bad luck and history with pitfalls." He laughed as he pulled the three up.

"Yeah, yeah, laugh it up." They all said. Suddenly, they heard laughter from behind them. They all turned to see a group of Squirtle. "Were you 5 the ones to make this prank?" Sky asked. They all nodded and laughed more. Sky growled and stepped closer. The leader Squirtle also stepped forward. Once they were at a nose length from each other they stared and glared at each other.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO! Suddenly sirens could be heard in the distance. The Squirtle all looked at each other and the lead one called for them to retreat. They all ran quickly out of sight, just as Officer Jenny came to a stop next to them. "Are you all alright? No ones been hurt right?!" She called nervously. Zia shook her head. "No, we are alright thank you. A group of Squirtle just pulled a prank on us." Officer Jenny sighed.

Now they are in the police station. "That group of Squirtles you encountered are called the Squirtle Squad." Off. Jenny explained. "Well at least it's catchy." Zia joked. "Yes, they were all deserted by their trainers and I'm guessing it left a bad impression on them about humans so they like to play tricks." She sighed. Zia frowned and shook her head at the thought of all these people leaving their own Pokemon.

Zia, Emmy, and Sky left to go take a break at the river side. They all sat down and looked at the peaceful water. Suddenly, a Squirtle jumped out of the water and shot a water gun at the three. Thankfully, they all jumped away in time before it hit. However, Sky ended up falling into the river. Zia could see a Goldeen swimming towards her. "Sky! Swim to the shore quickly!" She yelled as her Luxio began swimming back.

However, just before she was able to get out of the water, the Goldeen hit her with a powerful horn attack. "No!" "Sky!" Both Emmy and Zia called. Just before either could help her, Sky and Emmy were captured in bubble contraptions and Zia was tied up in rope. She looked behind her to see the rest of the Squirtle. "Really? What'd I do?" She groaned quietly as the Squirtle dragged her and her Pokemon somewhere.

They eventually led them to a cave a ways away from the small town. They tied the rope around Zia to a rock and set Sky and Emmy at the other end of the cave. Turns out Meowth was behind this as well. "Why are you all listening to Meowth? He works for a group of humans called Team Rocket!" Zia said trying to make them give up on messing with them.

The Squirtle looked at each other and glanced at Meowth. Meowth was getting flustered so he tried to continue with his acting. "Hey! Would you believe this pitiful human or a fellow Pokemon?" He said while smirking at Zia. Zia got irritated and did the best thing she could. She bit his tail. "YEOWWWW!" Meowth screeched as he pulled his tail away and moved farther from the girl. Zia snickered and smirked then looked over at her Pokemon.

They had tried to break free but it seems that the bubbles aren't affected by Pokemon moves, and Zia has a guess they are from Team Rocket. However, it's strange that Meowth is here but not Jesse or James.