31

Fin

"Who did this to you?" Cole asks, thumb tracing the outline of my bruise.

"It doesn't matter right now, just take me home."

"Of course it fucking matters. Who the hell hit you?" Of course he wouldn't let it go that easily.

"Please, just drop it."

"No!" He grabbed me by my shoulders, fingers digging into my skin. "You can't let them just hurt you like that Fin."

"Why do you even want to know?" I asked, still avoiding the question. "It's not like I could report without making it worse."

"I never said anything about reporting."

"No, no, no. I'm not letting you get into a fight over me."

"They hurt you."

"Its not worth getting suspended for."

"Of course it is, school will be over soon anyway."

"That's not the point."

"Just let me take care of yo-"

"I'm not weak." I snapped.

"When the hell did I say you where?"

"You didn't but other people did. I'm not weak, loving you doesn't make me weak. I just want to go home. Take me away from here please?"

📚📘📖✒

"Are you mad?" I ask from my seat on his bed as I watch him pace around his room. He's been doing that for half an hour now, pacing around and seething to himself.

"Not at you." He answers then walks over to his bed and seats next to me. "Why won't you tell me who did this?" He says as he reaches up to trace the outline of the dark reddish-purple bruise forming over my left cheek.

"Because you'll do something rash and stupid."

He sighed, running his hands over his face like he was trying to rub out the frustration. "Where they the same person that called you weak?"

"Not exactly in those words." I laid down on the bed, arms and legs spread out like a starfish.

"What exactly did he say to you?"

"You're just going to get upset." I sigh and scoot closer to him, resting my head on his chest.

"I already am but if you don't want to talk about it then fine." He starts running his fingers through my hair, tugging at the tips. I hadn't cut it in ages. "If he does it again you're going to have to tell me."

"If I agree will you forget about today?"

"I'll try."

"Fine, now go make me dinner."

📚📘📖✒

"You don't need to walk me to class."

He shrugged. "My class is on the way anyway."

"No it's not. You have Art, it's on the other side of school."

"I'm just worried alright. I don't want you to get hurt again."

"I'll be fine." We stopped in front of the Biology lab. "We're here. Go to class."

"Bye. Sock him in the nose for me if he so much as looks at you strangely again."

▪♢°°○●♢●○°°♢▪

Damn, these chapters are getting short. I've been going through a bit of writer's block lately. This chapter turned out to be mostly just dialogue.

Anyway, you guys should check out my other books: 'Falling Apart', 'Iollia Chronicles: The Journey through Ecrax' and 'New'. Also, I have a new read for read book called 'We are not Anomalies: Read for Read'. I'm also thinking of opening up a book club if 'WANA' becomes popular enough.

- I. Tamilore Onkọwe

¤♤°●○♤○●°♤¤