29

"Don't be ashamed..."

Fin

I'm not really sure what to expect when I step into my house. Well, I guess it's not exactly mine anymore. Anyway, I didn't know what to expect but it certainly wasn't to walk into a screaming match between my mother and whoever was on the phone with her.

She stopped in the middle of screaming at the caller then stared  at me. Suddenly I feel like running back to the car.

"Never mind Matthew he just came back. That doesn't change the fact that you left our son out on the streets to rot. There are easier ways to fix-"

"I don't need to be fixed." I blurted out. My mother looked up at me, her eyes were red from crying and dark bags hung under her eyelids. Was she upset I was kicked out or was she upset her son was, according to her last night, a fag?

She  still stayed silent so I continued. "I'm just here to take my things and leave." And hopefully never come back.

I walked around her and towards the stairs, hoping to avoid any kind of conversation. I don't care what Cole says, talking to her isn't going to bring me any sense of closure. I'm just glad my father is nowhere to be found.

"Finnian, you can't do this to me! Aren't you worried about what  are people going to think? "

"No. I was only worried about what my family was going to think. Now that I know I don't see the point in hiding." I quickly went up the stairs and up to my room, locking the door behind me.

"Finnian open this door right now, you can't just ignore your mother." She screamed from behind the door .

That's just what I did as I found my suitcase and quickly started flinging things in, mostly clothes and books along with my computer. I spotted my mangled phone on the floor and picked it up. It was still technically usable, if you don't mind the inevitability of cutting your hand on a shard. I tossed it in to and grabbed a hammer I'd kept right behind my bed for situations like this.

What do I need it for? To pry open a loose floorboard of course.

Right under it was a little metal box with a lock. I tossed it into the suitcase to and zipped it up.

"Finnian please don't be too rash we can bring you back to normal."

I opened the door and came face to face with her her tear stained face. A small part of me felt awful for making her feel this way, even though I know I've done nothing wrong. Another, much more malicious part of me was glad she was upset. I'm not really proud of either.

"This is my normal. I'm just sorry you don't understand that." I said before rushing down the stairs and out the front door. Right in time for my father to come up the drive way.

"Finnian Snow, what the fuck are you doing with that suitcase?"

I ignored him and flung open the passenger's side door and tossed my suitcase into the back before taking my seat. Cole was already in the driver's seat.

"Go, go, go. Before he goes back in and finds his shotgun."

📚📘📖✒

We're half way to Cole's house when I make him stop in a McDonald's parking lot.

"What do you wan- Mmmph." I cut him of with a kiss, using all my leftover adrenaline from my grand escape. I unbuckled my belt and climb into his lap, straddling him and wrapping my arms around his neck. 

His hands moved over my back and chest before settling on my waist, fingertips grazing my stomach as they slipped under my shirt. His lips trailed from mine, down to the nape of my neck before moving down to my collar bone. I moaned softly when he bit down gently, head lolling to the side.

"What- What was that for?" He asks once I pull back to let us catch our breaths. "Not that I'm complaining."

"I just needed to ground myself a bit."

"I'll always be here to help you with that, especially if it involves more kissing."