Wedding Part 1 Ch 72

Lyra POV

It was finally my wedding day, and I couldn't believe it was already here. It is August 25th, and there was not a cloud in the sky, the sun is shining, and it's not too hot. I am just so happy that everything ended up coming together so quickly. The wedding is small, and James and I just invited our closest friends and family. Mother said we didn't need to have a big wedding like Scorpius because we had gotten everything together quickly. Scorpius was upset at first that Molly didn't get to have the small wedding she wanted, but Molly was fine with it. McGonagall and some of the other professors are even here. James was ecstatic when we got the owl from McGonagall, saying she would be there. 

I am finishing getting ready in the girl's dormitory in the Gryffindor tower. It feels weird to be back here with everyone. Mother is sitting in one of the chairs reading a book that I got her. I had written a while ago about our life growing up as children to her and Dad. I am sure she is happy that she put a spell on so that her makeup wouldn't run because she has been crying throughout the book. Grandmother helped some of the girls finish their makeup and hair, and I am looking outside one of the windows watching everyone find seats. 

It is hard to tell who all is here because the pitch is so far away, but I can tell that the seats are filling up, and I am getting nervous. I want everything to be perfect, and even though I am sure it will be. I am still running through everything that could go wrong in my head. 

"Lyra, what do you think about the dresses Lily and I picked out?" Cassi was standing there with her arms outstretched in front of her, showing off her dress. 

"I love them."

"Thank you for letting us pick our own dresses; it was so much fun." Lily smiled at me, took Cassi's hand, went back over, and sat down on the couch.

I had told the girls that they could wear what they wanted as long as they were gold and full length. They picked different dresses but managed to get them in the same color, which I loved. They suited each of them perfectly, and I was glad they were so happy. I had gone with Molly to get hers because she was worried she would look like a balloon at this point in her pregnancy, but she looks beautiful. 

I asked Molly to be my matron of honor, and the two other girls are my bridesmaids. Scorpius is James's best man, of course, and Albus and Orion are his groomsmen. They all looked great when they came in this morning to see how I was and drop off a gift from James. 

I still hadn't opened it yet, but I was really dying to know what it was. He told me that I had to be alone to open it, so I would open it right before we walked down the aisle. 

"Lyra, are you ready for me to do your makeup?" 

"Yes, grandmother, thank you for doing this for everyone."

I sat still while she used her magic to apply everything. It seemed like it took forever, but I smiled when I saw myself in the mirror. It wasn't too much, and at the same time, I felt like a princess. 

"It is time, dear." Mother kissed my cheek, and all the girls went and lined up. It was my chance to open his gift. I tore the paper away carefully and opened the small box. Inside was a crystal snow globe, with gold flecks all around it. Inside were two little figurines that looked like James and me. We were dancing to my favorite song, and I started to tear up. This is now my favorite snow globe, and it would have to go everywhere with me. He had gotten me so many I had many favorites, but this was the most beautiful and thoughtful so far. I loved it as much as the first one he had gotten when we were both young. 

Now we are about to get married. 

JAMES POV

I was in the head's dorms getting ready to get married finally. Scorpius, Albus, and Orion had just come back from seeing Lyra, and I watched as Scorpius wiped tears from his eyes. 

"Is everything alright?" I asked nervously. 

"She looks beautiful, James." Scorpius looked at me and smiled. "You better take excellent care of my sister." He joked. 

"You know I always have." I smiled back at him. The two of us had been through so much when it came to Lyra, and I was happy that he had found a way to be my best mate still and knew that I loved his sister more than anyone. 

"Does she really look that amazing?"

"You are going to cry," Albus said with a laugh. 

"Why is that funny, Al?" 

"Mostly because Lily and I have a bet if you will?" 

"And I am assuming you bet that I would?" 

"Yep. Don't know why she wouldn't think so." 

"That is really surprising." Orion chimed in. 

"It is almost time." I heard my dad's voice as the door opened. "You should all take your places at the altar." 

The boys left me, and Dad walked up. "I'm alright," I said before he could ask.

"I didn't think you would be anything less than happy, son; I am just here to give you a word of advice."

"What is that?"

"Be yourself every day, compromise when you can, and love her always." 

"I will, dad, I promise." 

"It is going to be hard, and with the connection, you share your emotions are out for her to see. But you are about to be together with one another forever. I want you to know that mother and I are here for you both if you ever need anything."

"Thank you." I smiled. I was about to get married.