New Term CH 24

LYRA POV

It was finally time to start the new term. Marcus would be joining us this year, and we were all waiting for the Zabinis to arrive at the Manor. Harry had gone on a trip for work, and Ginny had decided to join him, so James, Albus, and Lily were already at the house since last night, and Molly had arrived early this morning. Now we were waiting on Isabella, Marcus, and Blaise. 

"Hello, sorry we are a bit late," Blaise said, stepping through the fireplace.

"Not to worry." Father smiled at his best friend and shook his hand. Isabella and Marcus stepped through moments later, and then we all headed for the car. It was funny, just a small car, but it would hold everyone. Today Mother, Father, and Blaise were going with us to see us off. Plus the twins, all three Potters, Scorpius and I, and then Marcus and Isabella. That is 12 people that fit into a car that looks like it can hold 4. 

"Everyone in the car." Mother said before hopping behind the wheel. She was always the one that drove. Father had gotten his license long ago, but he insists that apparating and floo network are still better than the Muggle way to get around.

We arrived at the platform with 10 minutes before the train was to depart. 

"Have a great year, you two." Mother gave Scorpius, and I hugs and kisses on the forehead. Scorpius shook father's hand. "Make sure to study hard for your O.W.L.'s Lyra." Mother added to me before we got onto the train. As we were walking away, I heard Cassi complaining to mother.

"I want to go!" 

"You will get to go next year, sweetheart, don't worry. It won't be long now." I turned around and waved to my parents. O.W.L's this year. I was going to end up studying tonight probably. 

"Should we try and find a compartment big enough for all of us?" Albus spoke up.

"Sounds good to me." Isabella smiled at him. Albus blushed, which I found amusing. After searching most of the train, we found an empty compartment and would hold 7 of us. 

"Do you think we would be able to fit two more people in here?" Lily asked all of us.

"Probably why?" I said.

"Well, next year, we will have Cass and Orion." she looked at me like it was obvious. 

"Right, I thought you were talking about for right now," I responded before taking out a book. I wanted to get a head start on everything before the year got crazy.

"You guys, I wanted to tell you all something, and since we are all together, I thought I would be a good time." I closed my book and looked at Molly. "I am a prefect." She was beaming.

"That is great, Molly." James smiled at her and winked at me. I didn't think it would be possible. "Perhaps we will go on patrol together." He added after a while.

"What!" Molly looked terrified.

"Yep, that is right; you are looking at the newest Gryffindor prefect." He showed everyone his badge. 

"That is great, James. But that means you can't go around punching people." I winked at him and started laughing.

"So three of us are prefects?" Scorpius added. I looked at my brother and sighed. Of course, he would be a prefect.

"Do mother and father know?" I asked him after examining his badge as well.

"Of course, I showed them and Molly when our letters came." He looked at me.

"So, did you tell Cassi and Orion?" I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Yes." He realized his mistake after saying this.

"You told everyone but me? Thanks, Scorpius." I got up, collected my book, and walked out of the compartment. Before I turned around, I looked at him, "I remember when we used to tell one another everything." 

I heard footsteps behind me and moved over, figuring that someone wanted to get by me. Instead, they collided with me, and I fell to the floor. Before I hit, someone grabbed my hand; of course, I didn't need to know who it was because my anger went away, and I felt calm again. James. I looked up, and sure enough, it was him.

"Lyra, come back to the compartment. Where are you going to go?" He looked at me desperately, never letting go of my hand.

"I was going to find somewhere quiet to read, actually." I countered.

"Lyra, he didn't mean it, and you know it. He barely spends time with anyone but Molly recently anyway. Don't be mad at him." He looked at me, pleading silently.

"Fine, but only because you asked nicely." He was going to let go, but I kept holding on to his hand. I needed to not be upset right now; I wanted to be happy. 

"Need to calm down?" He asked me knowingly. I nodded, and we walked the rest of the way back in silence. When we got back, I let go, and we both took the spots we had previously occupied. 

"So, are we going to keep up switching tables and having dinner with one another?" Isabella asked.

"I think that is a great idea." Molly nodded. "We might be able to even sit at a new table without people looking at us funny, depending on where Marcus is sorted." We all looked at him.

"Well, I don't really know." He was a quiet kid, not the Gryffindor type I thought, but who knew he could surprise us. 

"Well, I have a bet that he is going to be in Hufflepuff with father; he thinks otherwise," Isabella added her two cents in, which I wasn't surprised about at all. I was frankly surprised she wasn't a Gryffindor.

"Let's get changed," I said.

We took turns in the compartment, and before I knew it, we were at Hogwarts, sitting at our house tables, waiting for the first years to be brought in. A start of a new term.

"Attention." McGonagall was standing by the stool that each student would sit on and be sorted. There seemed to be many more students here this year than in years past. I smiled at the thought of all of the people that survived the war, sending their kids off to Hogwarts finally, knowing it was safe. James, Lily, and I watched and waited for Marcus to be sorted. He was Z, so therefore he would be at the end. It seemed to last forever, but finally, he was called up.

"Zabini, Marcus." Professor McGonagall called. He made his way up to the stool, sat down, and closed his eyes. I could tell he was nervous. Everyone is the Zabini family had been in Slytherin, but I think he was about to change that.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" It called. I smiled, looking over at Isabella, who had a wide smile on her face clapping the loudest. He shot her a thankful smile and took his seat next to some other kids. 

The feast began, and Lily, James, and I started discussing quidditch. Lily would be trying out this year, and James was captain. 

"We are going to be unstoppable!" He boasted.

"James, not so loud," I said.

"Everyone knows that we are the best team already, Lyra. Even if Albus, Molly, try out for the team, we already know we can beat them." Molly had shown interest in being on the house team this year after last year's family match, and Albus had shown some interest this summer as well. Scorpius was the captain as well. James vs. Scorpius. That is what this new year was going to entail. 

"Lyra, don't you think we will win?" Lily looked at me, hopefully.

"Of course," I said with a smile. "New year, more wins for Gryffindor." I laughed, and they both joined me.