Christmas Gift Exchange Ch 17

Scorpius POV

This year for Christmas, we were going to do a gift exchange with the kids and the adults. Each couple would have another couple to buy for, and then all the kids would have another kid to get for. It had been Mrs. Weasley's idea, and everyone really liked it. 

It was a little complicated who everyone was buying for, and Mrs. Weasley was going over to make sure that everyone had bought for the right people. 

"Now for the adults, Draco and Hermione should have Angelina and George. Angelina and George have Bill and Fleur. They have Arthur and me, who have Narcissa. Narcissa bought for Harry and Ginny, and they bought for Ron and Lavender. Ron and Lavender bought for Teddy and Victorie, who have Percy. Percy, you have Charlie, and he has Draco and Hermione. Is that right, everyone?" She took a long breath after going through everyone. The adults nodded, and then Mrs. Weasley looked at the kids. 

I went through it in my head once again. Dominique bought for Henry. Henry had me, and I bought for Fred. Fred had James, who had Orion. Orion had bought for Molly, who bought for Cassi. Cassi had Dominique. Lyra bought for Marcus, who bought for Albus. Albus bought Isabella a gift, and she had Lily to buy for, which left Lily buying for Lyra. It had all worked out, but I swear it took the adults an hour to figure out to include everyone without having siblings buy for siblings. Lyra was the one to eventually come to them with a whole list and a way to do it. 

"Alright, let's have the kids go first." Mrs. Weasley announced. All of the little ones scurried into the living room; gifts were being passed around everywhere. Henry had gotten a broom care kit. It was a nice one too, and I was excited to use it. I saw Molly open a necklace with a snake on it, but instead of a green gem, it had a red one. She smiled at my brother and put it on right away. Lyra had gotten a beautiful scarf from Lily; I knew she would wear it all of the time. I watched as others opened their gifts. I was happy to be at the burrow again for Christmas with everyone. After the kids were done opening their gifts, many left to play with what they had gotten. Lyra, James, Molly, and I watched as the adults exchanged gifts with one another. 

"Well, should we start with the youngest or the eldest?" mother asked everyone?

"I think we should start with the eldest," Harry said, and others agreed. The four of us watched as each couple opened their gifts carefully, examining everything that was inside. I waited to see what mom and dad were given. Charlie had given them tickets to a play. Mom liked that it was going to be in London this summer. Also, he told them he would watch us while they were out. Dad looked confused about what the play was. 

"Charlie! you remembered?" Mom looked at him and had tears in her eyes.

"Of course, I did. Remember that summer after the war. You took Bill and me to see it. You had to convince us both that Muggles had plays and stuff like that. You said it was your favorite." Charlie looked pleased with what he had given them. "Draco, have you been to the theater with Hermione?" 

"Never." Dad still looked confused. Dad had taken us to the Opera many times before, but this must be different because he wasn't sure what he was going to see. 

"Draco, it is like a live movie, and this is one of my favorites." Mom showed him the tickets again.

"That is great, dear; I am sure I will love it." 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked away from my parents. James was looking at me. "Yeah, James?" I asked him.

"Lyra and I are going to go outside; I just wanted to let you know. In case you were wondering where we went." He said, and I nodded at him before I went back to watching what everyone had been given with Molly.

JAMES POV

Lyra and I walked outside and sat on one of the new benches Grandma Weasley had bought this summer.

"Why did you want to come out here, James?" Lyra looked at me as we sat down next to one another. We were close enough to feel one another's heat, but not close enough to be touching. I wish we had been. I wanted to feel everything she was at this moment.

"I wanted to give you something." I smiled at her as I handed her a small gift, wrapped in gold and red paper.

"James, I thought we were not buying for anyone else this year. I didn't get you a gift." I knew she would be upset about this.

"I know, I would like to tell you I just saw it, but the truth is I have had it since this summer, and I have gotten you a couple, and I just didn't think it was right to not give it to you." I watched as she unwrapped the paper carefully and reached into the box. Just like the last two years, it was a small snow globe. Only this one I had made myself. It took me a better part of the summer to make everything absolutely perfect, but I had done it, and I was proud of it. It had a gold base with little red gems going around it, and inside was a miniature castle. It was an exact replica of Hogwarts that I had carved out of wood and painted. It took my 30 tries to get everything right, but watching her face light up in the smile she had now was worth it. 

"Where did you find this, James!" Her voice was filled with excitement. 

"Actually, I made it." I was nervous about what she would think.

"You made this?" She sounded surprised.

"Yes." I was still scared she wasn't going to like it now.

"James, that is amazing; thank you so much! I love it." She threw her arms around me in a hug, and I felt my entire body heat up. I pulled her closer and hugged her back. I knew I had told her so many times that I loved her, but dad said hugs were the best way to let someone know. I felt all of her happiness, and I felt mine growing as well.  "Thank you." She whispered in my ear before she let go and sat back into her spot. 

"I am glad you like it." I fiddled with my fingers.

"Did you not think I would?" She asked me skeptically.

"I didn't know how you were going to react when you found out I made it for you." I offered as I looked at her. Her hair was glowing in the moonlight, and her eyes were soft and grey today. Innocent like they had never faced danger before. I couldn't help but smile as I looked at her.

"Of course I was going to love it, James. You're my best friend, and you made me this beautiful snow globe, something I collect, and not many people know about. You took the time to make it. Something I love. How could I not like it?" She laughed and gave me a peck on the cheek before standing up and offering her hand to me. I took it and stood up as well.

"It is cold, and Grandma will probably want to pass out sweaters soon. Wouldn't want to miss that." I laughed as we walked inside side by side.