Hogsmeade Ch 9

MOLLY POV

It was the day of my first date; I had no idea how this would go. I have liked Scorpius for so long, but I never thought he liked me more than a friend. I had no idea what to wear or do. We had been friends so long I was afraid it was going to be awkward.

"Isabella?" I knocked on her door to her dormitory. She was only 11, but she had a great sense of style, and Lyra was already in Hogsmeade with Albus and James. They told us they would leave us alone, but I doubted that.

"Yes?" She stepped out of the door.

"I need your help; I have no idea what to wear," I said lamely.

"Well, let's go!" She seemed all too excited to help. We walked up to my room, and she started going through all of my clothes. She finally decided on a dark pair of jeans and a cute white sweater I had forgotten I even brought. 

"Thanks! It is perfect; I forgot I owned this." I went into the bathroom and changed. I was about to leave when she grabbed my hand.

"Not so fast, missy." She led me back into the bathroom and started looking for I don't know what. 

"Isabella, what are you looking for?" I finally asked.

"Your makeup." She said in a matter of fact tone.

"I don't own any." She looked at me with wide eyes and led me back down to her bathroom. There was makeup everywhere.

"Sit." She demanded. I never wore makeup and was afraid about what would happen, but I did as I was told. "Do not worry, you are in great hands; I won't go overboard."

After about 15 minutes, she spun me around, and I looked at myself in the mirror. She had put light green sparkly eyeshadow on. It wasn't dark or too much, so I didn't feel uncomfortable. I also had rosy cheeks now and light pink lipstick.

"Have fun on your date." She smiled at me as she pushed me down the stairs.

"Thank you for everything." I smiled back at her. I was nervous all of a sudden. What if he hated it. I slowly made my way to the table he was sitting at. As much as he hated to admit it, he loved reading, and that's what I found him doing. His nose in a book reading away.

"Scorpius?" I asked shyly. He looked up and smiled.

"You look different." I frown. "I'm sorry that sounded terrible; you look beautiful, too. Just in a different sort of way. I have never seen you where makeup is all; I was surprised."

"It's Isabellas'. She helped me get ready."

"Well, you look great." He stood up and took my hand, and started to lead me out the door. I quickly summoned my cloak after I realized that we were leaving. As we walked down the halls, the girls gave me very dirty looks, and the boys were plain staring.

"Scorp, why is everyone staring at us?" I whispered. He squeezed my hand reassuringly; only then did I notice we were holding hands this whole time.

"They still don't believe we are going on a date, and I told you, you look beautiful."

"No one has stared at me before like this." I countered.

"I told you, Mol, you look different. It is their own fault if they didn't notice you were beautiful before." 

He smiled, and I returned it. He was a wonderful boy; I am sure he learned all his manners from his mother, maybe his father. I actually wasn't sure now.

"Scorp, where did you learn all of your sweet manners?"

"Didn't I ever tell you I had to take edicit lessons when I was younger? Grandmother pleaded with Father to make us. Apparently, he had to take them when he was younger as well, and even though she had changed, Malfoy's still were supposed to be proper and well mannered. Plus, those were not manners; that was the truth."

"Oh." 

Suddenly a girl stepped in front of Scorp and me and looked me dead in the eye. I was suddenly frightened. Scorp half stepped in front of me, not to be too noticeable, but enough that he would be prepared if she were to pull something. 

"We were on our way out if you would move, please." Scorpius sounded angry; I could tell right away, but I am sure it was nothing but calm to her. 

"No, I think I will speak to your blood traitor girlfriend first." Her voice sent shivers down my spine. 

"Well, actually, we are in a bit of a rush, so if you don't mind," Scorpius said this with much more force. I couldn't believe he was calm enough to let her remark slide. 

"Didn't you hear me? I said I want to speak to the blood traitor Weasley first." She was smiling at me, but not in a nice way at all. It was then I noticed Lily walking down the hall towards us. She had a scowl on her face as soon as she saw the girl, not only that she had a large cut down her cheek. Not far behind, I saw a very pissed off James Potter and Albus too. Where was Lyra? They were all together, weren't they?

"You piece of trash, get away from my cousin!" James was screaming. His wand was out, and Albus thinking better of being expelled, quickly grabbed James's cloak.

The girl in front of me laughed; she must have been the one to hurt Lily; James never got this angry unless it involved family. Soon Scorp was completely in front of Lily and me in front of him.

"Now, for the last time, Margret, Scorpius is off-limits to you; I am sure this is the first time he is even hearing your name. Now, why don't you step away before I let my brother hex you into the next century? 

"That is very unlikely." She seemed arrogant and cocky. I suddenly knew who she was; Dad had told me about her and how she was transferred here. I started to back away, but Scorpius had a death grip on my hand. 

Suddenly James was free from Albus's grip and storming at us. He pushed Scorp and me aside, stepping in front of Lily. As always, he towered over everyone; the peaceful green in his eyes was gone; he was only enraged.

"How dare you touch my sister!" He was bellowing. For a split second, the girl cowered but recovered.

"What is going on here!" Lyra was racing down the hall with McGonagall. 

"This girl cut my sister Professor." James lightly took Lily's hand and pulled her out from behind him for her to see. She gasped. The cut I then noticed was getting bigger. Lyra came over quickly, put her hand in James's free one, and punched the girl in the face with the other. I gasped. This really wasn't how I planned on my date going. Scorpius let me go and grabbed Lyra.

"You blood traitors. How do you even call yourselves Malfoy's?" the girl named Margaret didn't seem fazed. Scorpius whispered something to Lrya, looked at me. I came over.

McGonagall just looked at us in awe. "Ms. Lestrange. You will be coming with me. James, Albus, take your sister to the hospital wing, quickly."

Lyra and Scorpius froze when they heard surname. I didn't understand. James let go of Lyra, picked Lily up, and Albus followed him to the hospital wing.

"Scorpius?" I approached the two carefully.

"Lyra, write mom and dad. I have a date." Scorpius took my hand, and we were walking out the front doors.