Patronus Ch 53

Scorpius POV

We were in the Great Hall for class today with all of the 7th and 6th years. I found this odd because they had not told us what we were going to be doing yet, only that we would be having a few classes like this together until we passed. 

I was trying to think about what it could be when James and Lyra came and sat by Lyra and me. 

"There are so many students; how are we going to pass if they have to test all of us individually. It is going to take more than a few one-hour classes." Lyra complained as she sat down. 

"Perhaps there will be more than one professor," I said, looking at her.

"That would be helpful; one person isn't going to be able to control all of these students," Molly said as she looked around the room. 

"Not unless it is McGonagall." James thought out loud.

"That is true," Lyra said, inching closer to James. He took her hand instinctively, and she looked calmer immediately. 

"Are you alright, Lyra?" I asked her.

"Yes, now I am. I am just feeling anxious about what we are doing." She tried to convince me with a smile, but I saw right through it. I would need to keep an eye on her in the next couple of days. She has seemed more and more anxious by the day. 

I watched as my mother walked in with Harry and McGonagall, along with Professor Flitwick and Professor Dumbledore. 

"Good morning, everyone. Today we are going to be teaching you how to produce a Patronus charm. Normally this would not be taught this way, but we feel that you should all learn together because of events this year. I want you to know that this is very advanced and that if you cannot get it on the first try, that is more than alright. Keep trying, listen to the professors, Mr. Potter, and the Minister on their advice to help you, and do not hesitate to ask questions. Good luck." McGonagall started us off. 

Aberforth quickly walked to the center of the platform and spoke to us, "The incantation for this particular spell is Expecto Patronum. To achieve this, you must think of your happiest memory and allow all of its strength to flow through you. It will only last for as long as you concentrate on the memory, so really think hard. Now off you go." 

I looked at Molly; we had read about these for class but had only practiced them once. I looked over James, who looked less upset about this. He already knew Patronus was going to be a stag. I was not sure what mine would be. I decided that I would start by talking to Mother about what she thought about. 

"Hello, mother." I smiled at her, and she smiled widely back.

"Hello Scorpius, have you given it a go yet?" 

"No, I was going to ask you what you thought about when you cast a Patronus; I want to get an idea of how powerful the memory has to be." 

"Well, when I first learned to cast one, I thought about learning I was a witch. Then for a while, it was falling in love with Ron. When I started learning how good of a person your father was, he became my happy memory, little things that made me smile, or how he helped me when no one else did even though he didn't have to. Now it is you and your siblings. You are what fill me up and make me happy." She smiled at me and pulled me in for a hug.

"Thank you, mom." I hugged her back and then made my way back to the group. 

I thought hard about what my happiest memory would be and started thinking about the first time I met Molly, how we helped one another, and vowed that we would be there for one another no matter what. I smiled at this thought and decided to give it a go.