Hogsmeade Ch 45

Scorpius POV

It was the Hogsmeade trip that Lyra was going to help me shop for a ring for Molly, but now I didn't even know if I wanted to go. I had been so upset lately because I had owled Molly's dad, Percy, to ask permission to ask for her hand. He had written me back the very same day that I didn't have his blessing because we were too young, and he didn't want Molly married to me. I had thought he always liked me, and now I know he doesn't. I am afraid that Molly will not go against her father, and when she finds out about all of this, she will say no. Maybe not even date me anymore.

"Scorpius, want to go down to the hospital wing to see Orion before we go?" Lyra came up to ask me at the breakfast table.

"Molly hadn't wanted to go to Hogsmeade on account of the weather, so I didn't have to make up any accuse to why I was going without her, which was nice. I didn't want to have to lie to her at all.

"Yes, that sounds like a good idea." I nodded and stood up. We walked in silence to see our siblings. Cassi had gotten better in two days, though she had refused to leave Orion's side until he woke up. His vitals Madam Pomfrey kept telling us were getting stronger every day, and he should be awake soon. Mother had to go back to the Ministry the day after it happened, so Lyra and I were spending a lot of extra time in the wing with them. Father had met Blaise where ever their important meeting was two days after he was supposed to. It was good to see him, but I wished that it would have been over something better instead of Orion being in the hospital again.

"Cassi, how are you feeling today?" Lyra asked her as she pulled up her seat next to Orion's side of the bed.

"Better. I have been working on some of the homework that my housemates have been bringing. They really have been great. Isabella and Albus were even here yesterday to help me with everything." She smiled at us. It was the first time since it had happened that we had seen her smile.

"You seem in a much better mood today," I told her.

"Yes, I think Orion is going to wake up today. I can feel it. You know, twin stuff." She smiled at us again, and I laughed a little.

"I hope he does, Cassi." Lyra picked up his other hand and rubbed small circles on it. Cassi reached out her hand toward mine, and I took it in mine. She seemed so much small lying here in this bed than normal. She was so full of life that when you really looked at her, you realized just how petite she was.

"Orion, you can wake up now." Cassi kept whispering. Lyra's eyes started to fill with water. 

All of a sudden, Orion started to shake and then cough. I let go of Cassi's hand and ran to get Madam Pomfrey. We both ran out, and she started to fuse over Orion. She sat him up a little more, and after around 10 minutes, he opened his eyes. It wasn't like when we came to see Cassi the first time. She seemed tired and like someone had beat her up. Orion opened his eyes so wide. He looked like he had never been asleep at all.

"Orion!" Cassi squeaked with glee.

"Cass?" Orion looked at her and then his surroundings. "What happened?" 

"You went into a coma-like state, Mr. Malfoy. The poison that you recovered from earlier took some late effect, and the fact that you were hanging from the ceiling didn't help." Madam Pomfrey said as she started walking around him, waving her wand over his stomach and chest.

"I think a few more days in here, and then weekly visits to see me will make everything tip-top again." 

"Orion, I am so glad that you are alright," Lyra said before standing up. "Cassi, take good care of him. We will be back to check on the two of you later. We have to go pick something up, alright."