Chapter 5: Greetings

Sinbad's POV

I walked with Alibaba and the rest of his friends back to the counter. They lent me some of the weapons that they found. We couldn't get to go outside yet because dusk is coming. It's the only time when the infected are mostly active. The sun is beginning to set, luckily we were able to switch the power on. The lights were dimly lit and the ceiling fans began to work.

"Ok, so everything's set! The only thing we need to do is eat." Alibaba clasped his hands in excitement.

"So where's the food?" I glanced at them to check for any food, but none had something in hand.

"(Y/n)'s cooking it." a pink haired girl, namely Chie, answered.

The scent of ramen entered my nostrils and made me drool in hunger. I tracked the scent of the ramen and saw the (h/c) haired girl holding a large bowl in her hands.

"Diner is ready!" she happily walked towards us. She carefully placed the bowl on the counter as the steam freely rose up. The food looked too good to eat. "Well, what are you all waiting for?" she looked at us in confusion.

"Wait, before anyone of you could eat it let me just take one pic" Chie took out her phone and neared the bowl of ramen, "...and there!"

(Y/n) gave out a chuckle and grabbed a smaller bowl, "If you're not going to eat yet, I'm going first." She started taking a quarter of the ramen.

"Hey! No fair, your getting a lot." Alibaba pouted.

"You better start getting some ramen Alibaba, (Y/n) has a pretty wild appetite." Chie smirked and grabbed a bowl.

"H-hey, I don't have that kind of appetite!" a tint of pink was visible on the (h/c) haired girl's face.

"Heh, how cute..." I mumbled. The (e/c) eyed girl turned to me, she must've heard me.

"Hey Sinbad, Morgiana, you two should eat. You might starve." she beckoned over to the large bowl. I stood up and started scooping a spoonful of ramen.

"What about you Morgiana?" she turned to the pink eyed girl.

"I'll eat after your all done in getting your ramen."

"Eyy Sinbad, can you tell us why you ended up hiding in this store rather than keeping your company safe?" Alibaba asked as he took a sip on the bowl.

"Oh that..." I nervously scratched my cheek. "Well, it was lunch. I was kind of bored that time so I thought on buying some stuff here. But then, this sudden explosion came. Everyone was panic buying and they only left a few cans and beverages. Suddenly, a crowd of zombie-like which I call infected came in and began to attack the people from inside. I hid myself unto the shelf and sort of fell asleep at that time."

"So you've been sleeping here without getting caught by one of the infected?!" The blonde male was astounded.

I nodded my head and continued eating my ramen.

"But what about your company sir-I mean Sinbad?" (Y/n) questioned curiously.

"That's what I'm worried about." a frown made its way to my face.

"Don't worry Sinbad, we'll get you there by tomorrow!" Alibaba said in determination.

"Really? You know you don't have to do that..." I muttered the second statement.

"Sure we do, right guys?" he stared at the 3 females.

"Yeah! But wait, what about us? Isn't it dangerous to go to a city full of zombies?" (Y/n) said, a concerned expression plastered in her features.

"And, what about our families?" Chie added.

"Ok, ok... before you flood Alibaba with questions I'll answer your two questions. One, it is dangerous to go in a city full of zombies not unless if you know how to defend yourself or if we work together. Two, if you want, you can come with me. Me and my other friends are planning to go on a camp if my building ever got invaded by those infected people but that might take a little while longer for them to conquer it. Also, we can conduct a search for your families and bring them to the camp too." I waited for them to reply, all of them were thinking whether to agree with me or not.

"He's right... if we work together we can make it to his building. And, I'm not sure about this but I think our houses might have been invaded by those zombies already. If not, then maybe our neighborhood." Alibaba spoke up.

"You do have a point. I'm in." the (e/c) eyed girl agreed. Soon, the two females made up their mind and agreed to me. It was settled, we are going to my building on dawn.

(Y/n)'s POV

We searched for anything we can use to sleep. Morgiana slept on the floor with just a cloth to cover her body, Chie and I shared a large cloth and slept behind the counter. While for Alibaba and Sinbad, I don't know where they're planning to sleep but who cares.

"The floor is cold (Y/n)." Chie tugged the cloth closer to her.

"Just deal with it Chie, besides this isn't the first time you've slept on the floor." I turned to the opposite direction and tugged the cloth a bit closer to me.

"I'm regretting about not bringing extra shirts with me... this uniform isn't helping me in keeping my body warm." she whined childishly.

"Your not the only one who's suffering you know?" I tilted my head a bit, "Just get to sleep. Who knows? We might run to a department store tomorrow."

"Hopefully we can. Oh well, night (Y/n)!" she yawned and pulled the cloth towards her, leaving me to freeze in the night.

'She yawns like a 5-year old.'

●●●

It's the middle of the night. The moon shone brightly across the sky. Darkness and algid is present, silence reverberated the alterial. And the infected citizens roamed around the street in search for another person to infect.

A pair of footsteps echoed through the empty streets but it wasn't enough to trigger an infected's senses. Then, another pair of footsteps followed.

"Are you sure he's around here?" one of them questioned.

"Yes, I'm certain..." the other answered as they dashed away together.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Yes it's short! I apologize for that, it's because I ran out of ideas.(Or probably forgot it) Also, anyone have a clue on who the two anonymous people are?