Chapter 45: Three Armies of Different Territories

Koumei's POV

We began roaming around town in search for our missing members. While we were roaming around, I found a few houses that were damaged heavily like somebody just used a wrecking ball. I went to one of the houses to investigate but as I was busy with looking I didn't notice an infected had rose up from the pile of rubbles.

"Koumei watch out!" Kouha acted fast and shot the infected. The sound of his gun echoed loudly but everything went silent after that.

"Thanks," I continued examining at the damaged structures. The sun had been blocked by large clouds coloured in gray and I'm afraid that it will rain soon.

When I found nothing helpful, we proceeded on driving to another location. On another part of the town, I found a disturbing scene. A gargantuan was lying on the road, lifeless. Its other body parts were everywhere like it exploded. I could smell the metallic scent of blood and it made me sick. I made sure to avoid the areas where its guts had scattered as I stared at the broken wall.

'This gargantuan got into a fight with someone.'

(Y/n)'s POV

I returned to my bed after I taught Judar a lesson. I was filled with satisfaction for finally getting my revenge on him. I let my body be embraced by the hospital bed. I looked at my side to see some patients resting in their beds. The place only held a few patients and the rest were mostly doctors, nurses, and soldiers.

'Why isn't this hospital crowded with people?' if you think of it, hospitals should be filled with lots of people especially at this time of calamity.

I closed my eyes to take a nap and I made sure not to sleep on my injured arm. It was still painful even a slight touch could make me cry in pain. I never thought an injury like this could be so painful.

"(Y/n)! Here are the cookies that Hakuei wants to give to you~" I got a bit startled when Pisti suddenly came bursting into the door. She carried a new box of cookies and placed them on my lap.

"Thank you Pisti," I smiled and opened the plastic. I could almost drool at the sight of the cookies. My fingers picked up a cookie and I took a small bite. It almost felt like heaven and I wished these cookies would be unlimited.

"If you ever need anything just ask me 'kay?" she turned her back but I stopped eating when I remembered to ask her about something.

"W-wait!"

"Hm?" she stopped on her tracks and turned again to face me.

"I have a question, if you don't mind me asking..."

"It's okay. So what's your question?" she leaned in close, interested in the conversation.

"Why is your hospital not too crowded with patients? It almost looks like their afraid."

"Ah that," she snapped her fingers and frowned "Since our building is far from cities people had a hard time finding it. And most of the hospitals were filled with infected humans so they might have lost their trust in going to one."

I nodded and took another bite of the cookie, "Hey Pisti..."

"Yes?"

"Do you think we can ever find a cure for the infected?" I stared at the window where a chopper is being operated.

"Actually, I don't know. But I'm sure people will find one someday and that includes Spartos! He's trying his best to find a cure, he's even sacrificing his own sleep just for his experiments."

"That's harsh, isn't he getting tired?"

"For finding a cure? Nahhh, he wants to save people who are in need that's why he's doing all of this."

'I hope he'll find that cure someday.'

Judar's POV

I muttered all the curses that man could say. (Y/n) had just hit me with a clipboard and it hurt, now I got a bump on my head thanks to her. I slammed the door shut, earning a few glares from the doctors and patients.

I stared at the weapons on my bed. All the weapons were different from the guns to knives, all you can think of!

'Why does this hospital have so many weapons?' I could almost smile at the numerous weapons. Finally I got a variation of killing tools to use! As I sat on the bed, a small note was stuck on my backpack.

When you had left the meeting room you weren't able to fully listen to my plan. I'll tell you the details later at the chopper so I had the soldiers give you some weapons. Please don't carry too much guns with you, we have to be silent as possible when we arrive to that town. - Hakuei.

I removed the piece of paper and placed it on the table beside me. I stretched out my hands to prepare for packing. I stuffed the knives in my bag along with some guns and throwing weapons. I made sure to take some painkillers and beverage to keep me hydrated. Now that I'm finished, I took my bag and went out where the chopper is.

Hakuei and some people were already surrounding the chopper. She turned around and instructed us to get in one by one. We were all seated while listening to Hakuei's instructions. One minute passed and the chopper was now high up, the wind had began howling and my hair was getting in my eyes.

"Everyone should wear the masks I provided you when we're in the town. Your identification is important and it must be kept secret at all costs!"

'That's what Kouen would say when I met him...' come to think of it, I feel like a traitor for being in another person's territory. Kouen doesn't like befriending other groups of survivors, so whoever tries to get in contact with a person that's not in our territory will be considered as an enemy. I clutched the mask tightly and watched as the hospital slowly disappeared from our view.

Kouen is going to kill me if he sees me with the enemy.