Prologue

(Y/n)'s POV

Monday. The day everyone loathed. It's the day when work and school starts and the day for another week of torture. I rose up from my bed and my hair was a mess. Purple bags can be seen under my (e/c) eyes and drool was hanging down my chin. I wiped it off and got out of my bed.

'Why didn't Chie wake me up?' I thought to myself.

I carelessly walked to Chie's room and got myself bumped to the wall because of my tired state. I finally made it to her room and knocked three times. "Chie! We have school today so you better wake up." I raised my voice. No one replied. I sighed and turned the knob, slowly opening the door. My eyes landed to Chie's messy room. She must've gormandized herself with too much candy again.

I looked at the messy girl. She didn't even change her own clothes. I walked towards her and stared at her for a moment, then an idea popped on my head. I gave a mischievous grin, "CHIE WAKE UP!"

The pink haired girl jolted awake with her hands in a combat position, "WHAT? I didn't do anything suspicious!" I bursted in laughter while she looked at me, confused.

"Why are you laughing?"

"You should've... seen the look... on your face hahahahaha!" I held my stomach to stop myself from laughing. Chie's eyes widen in realization and gave me a glare.

"That's mean!" she huffed in annoyance.

"Ok, ok, I'm sorry..." my laughter soon died out.

"Yeah, yeah. Oh wait, don't we have school today?" she looked at me. Both our eyes widened and we both jolted out of the room and dashed to the kitchen.

"WE'RE ALMOST LATE!" we both shouted.

Me and Chie ran everywhere in the house. Both of us were panicking because of how much time we've wasted. "(Y/n) where's my toothbrush?!" Chie shouted across the bathroom.

"I thought you placed it on the sink?" I went in the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"Argh! Forget it, I'm not brushing." Chie took her towel and started filling the tub with lukewarm water.

"W-what? You can't do that! Just use this baby toothbrush." I raised the said brush.

"What? No way! I can't use that." she shoved the brush away from her.

"Oh c'mon Chie. This is better rather than going to school without brushing your teeth."

She gave out a loud groan and swiped the brush away and we both started bushing. I was first at finishing so I went to the shower. I was the one to claim the shower while Chie owns the tub. I didn't bother in turning on the heater since I'm in a hurry so I'm going to bathe in cold water. After bathing in freezing cold water I grabbed my towel and wrapped myself with it and dashed to my room.

I twisted the knob of my door and started rummaging my closet to search for my uniform. The floor was starting to get wet so I had to slow down. After 1 minute, I found my long lost uniform. I slid on a pair of (f/c) stockings and placed my skirt that I hate because of how short it is. I heard a pair of footsteps running, it's probably Chie trying to search for something.

After I placed my blouse and blazer, I sat down on a seat and started combing my hair as fast as I could. Strands of my (h/c) hair were sticking on my brush and it hurts. I had no time for tying my hair so I placed a headband and let my (h/c) hair loose. I dashed out of my room to get my shoes.

"Chie! You better hurry. We don't have much time left!" I shouted across the living room.

"Yeah, I'm almost finished!" she shouted back.

I glanced at the clock, 'Damn, it's 6:30.' I hurriedly picked my shoes from underneath the couch and opened my bag to ensure that I brought my things. Soon, Chie went downstairs and got her hair braided.

"S-sorry, I got trouble in finding my ribbon." she grabbed her shoes and slid them on.

"Do you have everything you need?" I asked as she nodded.

"Do you still have enough money for lunch?" Chie glanced at me, I nodded my head and looked to the window to see if a bus would stop. When Chie finally placed her shoes we both ran to the door and Chie was the one to lock it. The rays of sunlight were hitting my eyes. I placed my right hand to my forehead to cover my eyes from the stinging rays of light.

"Should we wait for the bus?" I tilted my head to Chie.

"We don't have time for the bus. We should take the car." she pointed to the garage.

"Seriously? We can't even drive properly." I made a worried face. It's true, neither of us know how to drive properly but we still brought a car. Chie was mostly responsible for purchasing it while I was responsible on trying to master the car.

"We have no choice."

I took a deep breath and nodded. We both went to the garage and stared at the car for a moment before staring at each other.

"So, who's going to drive?" I asked.

Chie smirked and pointed at me, "You are, because you're near the driver's seat."

"Fine..." I grunted. I went in and buckled my seatbelt. I turned on the engine and slowly drove out of the garage. Chie soon followed as she closed the garage. I'm not sure if this was a good idea.

I was trying my best not to bump unto any cars that we encountered and luck seemed to grant my wishes. Now, the road was slightly empty. This gave me an opportunity to accelerate the speed of the car.

"Chie, what time is it?" I focused my eyes on the road and waited for her response.

"7:10..." She looked at her wristwatch.

"Oh, crud." I silently cursed under my breath. 7:10 is the very least time we love. It's the time when traffic will start and it's the time that makes us even more late. I suddenly pulled the brakes and halt to a stop. The sudden stop made us slightly push ourselves forward.

"Why'd you stop?" Chie's worried expression was now mixed with confusion.

"There's a cat on the street!" I gestured to a black cat, who's fur was standing because of fear. The cat hissed and ran away and I quickly drove again. More vehicles were starting to drive on the road and chances of being not late is slim. Another minute has passed, cars were starting to line up and I'm afraid that we are about to face traffic.

"(Y/n) I know another way for us to avoid the traffic." Chie tapped my shoulder. "Where?" She pointed towards a narrow path. I nodded and turned the car to where she pointed. We were now heading to two paths and I glanced at Chie, trying to say on which path should we drive.

"Go left." She ordered.

I turned the wheel again, she pointed unto various directions and I don't know how she knows these shortcuts. We've reached a wider area and it's not full of cars. And later, we've reached an area of which I was familiar of. "(Y/n) we only have 2 minutes!" Chie started to panic. I accelerated the speed even more and passed through the vehicles.

"(Y/n) slow down!" Chie cried. I kept my focus to the road and continued to tilt away from the cars. 'We are going to make it.'

[A/N]: Just to clear things up in advance, if you see any unfamiliar names those are my oc's. Like Chie, which I might introduce after chapter 3. Also, I might have decreased some older character's age, like Sinbad's. So he'll probably be between at the age of 18 - 20, your choice.