Chapter 16: Cheer Up

(Y/n)'s POV

Days have passed. I don't know what day it is. I've locked myself in the room with only a few food to eat. I'm too tired to get up.

Ever since Chie disappeared I felt empty. Sinbad and his soldiers kept on searching for her but I know that she's already gone.

'It's too late, she became an infected.' I kept reminding myself that I can no longer find my friend but my heart still believes that she can still be spotted.

My stomach growled. I haven't had breakfast yet and it's almost afternoon.

Alibaba's POV

(Y/n)'s condition was worsening. She wouldn't come out of her room for days and it made me worry too much. This time, me, Morgiana, Aladdin and Amira will be going in her room to cheer her up for the 3rd time.

"(Y/n)?" I knocked on her door.

Silence.

"I'm coming in!" I twisted the knob of the door to see her laying down her bed. I walked towards her and sat down the bed.

"Hey. . ." I patted her shoulder. She didn't react at all, she just laid there like a statue.

"Miss (y/n) we know you're hurt about your friend who disappeared but you shouldn't stress yourself too much to the point when you're not treating yourself properly." Aladdin spoke up.

"Aladdin is right. (Y/n), you shouldn't blame yourself for this. No one wanted Chie to be an infected." Morgiana added.

(Y/n) turned her figure to us. Her eyes were red and puffy due to the tears she had shed.

"Don't you see? Chie was my very first friend. She was the one who supported me in everything." Her voice was hoarse.

"We know that, but you have to know that if you love someone you must set them free. Besides, you're not alone. You still have us to guide you in your journey." I beckoned to Aladdin, Morgiana and Alibaba.

"That's right miss (y/n)!" Amira agreed. We all agreed.

(Y/n) went silent for a moment.

"You guys. . ." she started crying again, not from sadness but joy. She then suddenly hugged me. I hugged her back and the others joined. (Y/n) is back to normal again.

"I'm really sorry." she muttered.

"There's nothing to apologize for, (y/n)." I brushed her (h/c) hair with my hand.

"Miss (y/n) is happy again!" Amira smiled.

'I'm so glad she's back.'

Ja'far's POV

My injured body was healing quickly. Soon, I can get back to work again. I was outside with Yamraiha and Sharkkan. They're arguing about nonsense again.

"You should be the one going outside!" Sharkkan shouted at the blue haired woman.

"No, It's clear that Sinbad ordered you to go outside!" hhe retorted.

This went on for several minutes, I was growing irritated of their screaming and shouting.

"Would you please shut up! I'm trying to relax here." I stopped the two from arguing.

"Hmph, fine." both turned away with puffed cheeks.

"Finally." I sighed in relief.

The sky was clear and it was windy. Winter is almost here and it will be harder to drive.

"So Ja'far, when will you ever make a move to (y/n)?" Sharkkan broke the silence.

"What do you mean?" I rose a brow in confusion.

"Oh c'mon, we both know that you stare at her differently." he smirked.

"Shut up!" I snapped at him. So much for relaxation. . .

"If you're not making a move then I will." his smirk grew wider. What's in this guy's mind?

"I don't care. Just let me rest." I groaned and covered my eyes.

"Yeah whatever." he said, I uncovered my eyes and saw him walking inside the building. He's really gonna do it, won't he?

"Hey Ja'far, you do know that Sharkkan will really make a move on her right?" Yamraiha asked.

I sighed and remained silent.

Sharkkan's POV

I walked in the building in search for the (h/c) haired girl.

'Maybe this time Ja'far will get jealous.' a mischievous grin made its way to my lips.

Lucky for me, I saw the (h/c) haired girl immediately. And she was alone!

"(Y/n)!" I called her, she quickly heard me and gave her signature smile.

"Hi sir Sharkkan!" she walked to me but while she was walking there was a soda can that came from nowhere, causing her to trip.

Before she could hit the floor I have swiftly caught her. Our faces were just inches away, just what I expected it to be.

"S-sir Sharkkan-" her words were cut off when the door suddenly opened.

"SHARKKAN!" Ja'far's irritated voice echoed the building.

"Whoops, guess I made him mad." I smirked in victory.

"Sharkkan what did you do now?" Yamraiha facepalmed.

"I just did what I had to do." I readied myself to run. I'm pretty sure he'll kill me.

"Oh really?" Ja'far walked to me with a really mad expression. Yep, it's time to run.

I quickly ran away from the white haired general.

"Come back here!" He started chasing me. Despite his injuries he can still chase me like he has no injuries at all.

(Y/n)'s POV

Sharkkan and Ja'far ran off to another direction leaving me and miss Yamraiha behind. I stood there, confused.

"Uhm, please excuse their behaviour (y/n). Sharkkan and Ja'far are sometimes like that." Yamraiha scratched her cheek.

"Ok." I gave a sheepish smile.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find those two before they start destroying the building." she walked to the direction where Ja'far and Sharkkan ran off.

"(Y/n)!" Alibaba called.

"Coming!" I went to the blonde.

Meanwhile. . .

Hakuei's POV

Time passed and my wounds healed very quickly and all that was left were some minor injuries. I was tasked to bring some antibiotics to the lab. The hospital had been a big help to me so I thought of thanking them by helping.

"Hi Hakuei!" a petite girl with blonde hair waved at me.

"Hello Pisti." I waved back at her.

Pisti works as a dentist in the hospital. She was the one who would often check on me when I was injured.

"Did Spartos ordered you to get some medicines again?" she stared at the antibiotics.

"Well, I was the one who asked if he wanted any help." I gave a sheepish smile.

"Hakuei, you still have some minor injuries, you know?" she placed her hands on her hips.

I shook my head, "It's no big deal."

"If your going to be like that, then let me help you." she extended her hand to get some of the antibiotics from my hands.

I can't stop her because if I object then Pisti will start nagging at me.

"Why did Spartos need these anyway?" she looked at the brand of the antibiotics.

"I don't know. . . but maybe he's doing an experiment for the cure."