36| Turner Falls.

Start from the beginning

Annie decided that for lunch she was going to treat them, to a not-so-fancy restaurant serving primarily Chinese food. They were too hungry to even speak as they started demolishing the food served to them within minutes. Once they had finished Annie left a generous tip before they got back on the road, Andre offering to drive until they're next stop at night.

The whole trip consisted of this, Annie and Andre bickering over who was driving as Luke thought aloud about everything and anything he was going to do once he could see again.

"First I'm going to take you on the best fucking date ever, a super-awesome Mega date," Luke started, gesturing with wide hands as a smile so generous graced his lips.

"Awe, thanks, I think I deserve one," Andre commented sarcastically from the back seat, like he had been doing the last hour since him and Annie swapped. They should be arriving at the clinic anytime now, it was just a maze of roads to follow before finally arriving.

"We'll go to a concert, Andre, a proper festival and then we can get you laid again." Luke pointed out, his body shaking with excitement for the future.

"I think you're the one who's going to get laid, mate." Andre chuckled, watching as Annie's cheeks flared up with embarrassment. He wasn't wrong, the two of them knew it, but it was still an uncomfortable topic to talk about.

"Anyway..." Annie drawled on, shifting her eyes from Luke back to the road, where their destination became insight. "We're here." She breathed, biting her lip at the adorable expression on Luke's face.

Oklahoma Clinic For Visually Impaired.

Annie read the sign aloud, observing how Andre shuffled up in his seat and Luke tapped his fingers nervously.

Pulling into the parking lot, Annie cut the engine before stepping out of the car, Andre following quick on her tail as she helped the soon-to-be-no-longer-blind-boy out of the car.

Walking into the small little warehouse looking place, Andre and Luke went straight to the seating area as Annie went to the kind looking, ginger receptionist.

She gave her name, as well as Luke's, nibbling on her bottom lip as the lady tapped away at her computer.

Her name tag read Liz, a simple name for this simple woman. She nodded her head, commenting how the wait should be short.

Luke's leg was bouncing furiously, his hand constantly combing through his hair as Andre nonchalantly scrolled through his phone.

Annie sat herself next to Luke, placing a hand on his to stop the fidgeting, kissing his cheek as she tried to calm him, even though her nerves were equally as high.

"Mr Mason? You can all come in now, we'll talk about the procedure and everything in between." A slim brown haired woman smiled, beckoning the three in as she held the door open for them.

Introducing herself as Katie, she explained how everything was going to work and what she was going to do.

Step One of Curing Luke:
- the operation, this will take anywhere between 5 to 10 hours. Sometimes it can be more and that's nothing to worry about.

Step Two of Curing Luke:
- wait until Luke awakes from the anaesthetic, then he will think it didn't work as when he opens his eyes it will be black.
- the lights that he was since used too will be too harsh for his newly sensitive eyes for the first three weeks.
- this means heavily tinted sunglasses are what he's going to have to deal with.
- these will be provided when he wakes.

Step Three of Curing Luke:
- make sure his eyes stay closed as Katie placed the sunglasses on them, telling him to slowly open his eyes.