26 | THE ULTIMATUM

"Juno?" Peter pleaded

"Juno?" Peter pleaded. "Please wake up."

He shook her gently. The sun was about to set. Juno's head rested on her lap. The two overlooked the ocean. Juno's eyelashes fluttered, and her eyes opened slowly. She looked up to see a worried Peter. The boy let out a breath of relief.

"Oh thank god," he sighed. "You can't do this anymore. I'm not gonna let you."

Juno sat up. "You're not going to let me to what, exactly?"

"This whole hero thing. Juno, if I weren't there, you would've drowned! You're putting yourself in danger."

"What are you? My dad?" Juno stood up. "Pete, you put yourself in danger all the time! You literally don't get to talk to me like this."

"I just care for you, Juno!"

"Well I care for you too, Pete! If I have to stop playing superhero, you do too!"

"What?" Peter threw his hands up in disbelief. "Juno–"

"I'm not even a fan of the powers! I'm just so offended right now."

"I didn't mean–"

"Didn't mean what?"

"Look, sometimes you're just so hard headed that you can't see what's best for you," Peter yelled back.

"Says you? How do you know what's good for me anyways, Pete?"

"I-I–"

"Look, I'm going to give you a choice," she said. Juno tried her best to hold in her tears. Tears that weren't from sadness, but tears from frustration. "You can stop being Spiderman and live a good normal life with me, or you can keep being Spiderman and lose me."

Peter's mouth went dry. His heartbeat picked up. "I think you know the answer to that," he replied. His eyes couldn't meet hers.

"Wrong choice."

Both Peter and Juno looked up to see Tony approaching them. He held his hand out to Juno who took it. She smiled sadly.

"Go wait by that corner," he instructed, pointing to another end of the rooftop. "I just need to have a word with him."

"Thanks, Tony." Juno nodded and went where he told her to. She was still eavesdropping on their conversation.

"See," Tony started. "When you made that choice, you lost both the girl and the suit."

"Wait what?!" Peter yelled.

"You're being very irresponsible. Do you know I was the only one who believed in you? Everyone else said I was crazy to recruit a 14-year-old kid."

"I'm fifteen," Peter replied.

Tony's face filled with rage. "No, this is where you zip it, alright? The adult is talking." Peter turned tomato red.

Juno tuned out the rest of the conversation, realizing that eavesdropping was a little rude. She kicked the little sediment by her feet around. A few minutes later, Tony grabbed her by the arm and flew her home. The way back was silent, and it hurt almost as bad as Peter choosing a suit over their relationship.

band has me so drained but i felt like i had to update for you guys ,, sorry its kind of half assed and angsty im so tired

thanks for a smashing 12k reads , much love

four chapters left