19 | THE EVACUATION

The whole elevator shook, and a hole was blown through the ceiling

The whole elevator shook, and a hole was blown through the ceiling. Juno looked down at her hands. They were ash black, had tints of the purple Chitauri core, and had many small cuts. She winced in pain. Everybody was panicking. It all happened so fast. Peter will be here. He has to be.

"What the hell was that?!" Liz yelled.

"The core!" Ned exclaimed. "Juno! Your hands!"

"It's fine, I don't feel the cuts, we just," she paused. "We need to get out of here."

Flash rolled his eyes. "For once, I envy Peter."

"Seriously, Flash," Juno raised her voice. "Not now."

"Guys," Mr. Harrington interjected. "We need to stay calm."

"Okay, I know that was scary," the tour guide started, monotone. "But our safety systems are working."

Juno snorted. "For some reason, I find that hard to believe."

Luckily, the elevator was near the top of the monument. Help was already on the way, the second elevator rushing up filled with evacuation. A chopper was heard flying nearby. Help finally arrived, and they popped a hatch of the elevator's top open. The tour guide stepped off first so they can help pull people out of the elevator.

One by one, students got out. Peter wasn't there yet, but Juno knew he was coming. So she let Mr. Harrington get out before her. They were making runs and taking people down the second elevator during the evacuation to speed up the process. Flash, as usual, decided to be extra.

"Take my trophy please!" He yelled. Flash tossed his trophy to one of the aids. Then he got out. The elevator shook intensely.

"Liz, Ned," Juno said. "You guys need to go next."

"What about you?" Liz asked.

"I'll be fine, trust me."

Liz nodded. "Ned do you wanna go first or should I?"

"You go," he insisted. Ned gave her a boost up. When Liz was out of sight, he turned to her. "Are you sure?"

"Pete said he's coming. I trust him." Juno gave him a smile and gave him a little boost. The pressure on her cuts made her cry out in pain. Ned stopped and gave her a look. "Get out of here!"

Ned nodded and crawled out. The elevator shook even more. Peter wasn't here yet. Juno made her way to the corner of the elevator and held on the railings. She closed her eyes and braced herself for impact. Suddenly, Juno heard the sound of glass breaking.

"Hey everybody! Get out of here!" It was Peter. He glanced in the elevator where he saw Ned and Liz. Juno wasn't in there. The elevator door closed as soon as Ned pointed to the broken elevator.

"Pete!"

"Juno!" Peter ran to the broken elevator. "Juno, don't move. I need to web you out of there."

"Please, hurry."

Peter tried shooting his web shooters, but nothing happened. He tried again and still received nothing. The final elevator wire began to snap.

"Karen! What's wrong with the shooters?"

"It seems as if Mr. Stark is doing some modifications on your suit at the moment. He disabled a few features including web shooters, instant-kill, and web grenades."

"You've got to be kidding me," Peter yelled in frustration. He leaned over the edge to see her standing in the corner of the elevator. "Juno, grab my hand, I'll pull you up."

Juno stood frozen. "You promise?" Tears were welling in her eyes.

"I promise," Peter nodded, taking off his mask. He stuck his hand back out. "Grab my hand."

Juno nodded and stuck her hand out. She took a step towards him but heard the final elevator wire snap. She looked up at him.

"Juno, no," Peter shook his head.

With her eyes welling with tears she gave him a sad smile. "I'm so sorry."

The elevator wire completely snapped. As if it were in slow motion, the elevator car fell, and Juno's eyes never left Peter's. He cried out her name as she fell down into the darkness. The girl he loved was gone.

to be fair, the original title of this was "the sacrifice" (credit to @Izzywizzy567 for helping me ily) but that was a DEAD giveaway hehe get it? DEAD? ill shut up. its 2 am let me die.

here lies delaparker..