24 | THE JEALOUSY

INCOMING CALL FROM BUG BRAIN

ACCEPT  OR  DECLINE

Juno! Are you okay?

Hi, Pete. I'm all good. I haven't heard much from you today.

You haven't heard much from me? Juno, I haven't heard much from you! You weren't at school, you haven't texted me back, you had me worried!

I'm fine, I'm fine. How was your day?

Well, I've been worried sick about you. I had a Spanish quiz. I tried to skip it but got caught and ended up with detention!

Tony flailed in the background and dropped a screwdriver onto the metal desk. "Did that punk just say that he got detention?!"

Tony, calm down, dude.

Is that Mr. Stark? You're still at Headquarters? Did you call him 'Tony'?

Yes, yes, and yes, Pete.

How are you already on a first name basis with him?

No clue, honestly. We've been bonding a whole bunch.

What the heck? That's not fair!

How so?

I had a Spanish quiz and detention while you got to become all buddy-buddy with Mr. Stark.

Tony dropped a wrench. "Detention!" Juno made a hand motion at him to do some deep breathing.

Look, we're kind of busy right now, is there something you need to tell me?

(sigh)

Yeah, listen, I got a lead on the Chitauri dealers.

The Chitauri who whats?

The people who got the tech that did this to you.

So... you?

Shut up, okay? Not now.

"He is so rude. I need to have a talk with him," Tony grumbled. "His little hardheaded ass doesn't know he's on speakerphone. First he got detention and now he's being disrespectful!"

Are you okay?

No, okay just — I-I'll text you the address.

When do I go?

As soon as possible, Juno! God..

You're so pressed, Pete. Are you sure you don't want to talk?

I'm sure.

I'll see you later then?

Yeah, don't bring Mr. St–

AIRHEAD HAS HUNG UP!

this chapter was lazy as fUCK sorry peters being a little jealous ass

thanks for 11k reads wild!!