23 | THE ALLURE

"Hey, take a look at that, Juno

"Hey, take a look at that, Juno. You've gotten a hang of it!" Tony smiled.

Around 2 o' clock, Tony sent Peter home. Although the spiderling insisted to stay up, Juno told him to rest, for he had a Spanish quiz the next day. Peter didn't feel so defeated going home because Juno gave him a little kiss on the cheek. Tony smiled at the two kids.

Coffee mugs were littered around the lab. Loose bolts and screws lay on the tables. 80's music played in the background softly. It was now 3 o' clock. Tony has discovered what was going on with Juno.

When the Chitauri core detonated in her hands, the purple alien substance seeped in through her cuts. The Chitauri substance was the host of a virus. Chitauri aliens have half biological and half cybernetic bodies. The substance containing the virus made its way into Juno's bloodstream and altered her biological composition. Juno's body subtly exerts large bursts of megajoules. The energy creates an electric field that causes nearby metallic objects to float. The substance altered Juno's molecular density, causing her to float like the metal around her.

Tony created small technological accessories for her. The first were two little bracelets. They went around each wrist. These allowed Juno to keep control over her exertion of energy. He gave her a matching silver mask. Tony thought it would be cool if she would come train with him every once in a while.

"I'm going to get a tan line on my face," Juno sighed.

"Ah, you'll be fine kid." Tony waved her off. He grabbed her wrist and powered down the bracelets. Juno's eyes went from a deep purple, back to the regular brown. "You need a name now."

"What?" Juno chuckled. She sipped her coffee. "Like Magnet or something?"

"Not Magnet, but maybe something along those lines," Tony replied.

"What about Gravity?"

"I was thinking Allure," Tony smiled.

"Allure?"

"Mysterious, powerful, and attractive — not to be weird."

Juno snorted. "Thank you so much, Mr. Stark. Allure it is."

"No problem, Juno. Why don't you skip school tomorrow and train? You could shadow me."

Juno's eyes twinkled like a child's on Christmas. "Really?"

"Would your parents mind?"

"Oh, Daddy wouldn't mind. He used to work for you. You're practically his inspiration. I'm good. I told my driver to take a week off and both my parents aren't home. I can just call in sick to school, you know? Like voice my mother."

"Hm, interesting. You're quite rebellious," Tony nodded. He took a sip of his coffee. "It makes me wonder why you'd go for a straightedge like Peter."

"He keeps me sane. He makes me feel humble. I don't really know how to explain it. We aren't really a thing yet though."

"Why not?" Tony asked.

Juno shrugged. "I guess I'm just scared to lose him."

"Don't worry about that. The kid is head over heels for you."

"Really?"

Tony smiled. "Yeah. He told me about you before."

"This is embarrassing."

"Is not. I feel like a true father to him by doing this."

"For helping me? Thank you for that, by the way," Juno smiled.

"Anytime. You mean a ton to my boy. If something happened to you, I'd feel responsible."

"Well, thanks I guess Mr. Stark."

"Call me Tony."

this little filler chapter basically explains what happened to juno + father tony moments

thank you so so so much for 10k reads. if everything goes as planned, this book should end with 30 chapters!

 if everything goes as planned, this book should end with 30 chapters!