25 | THE FERRY

"He said that he was here," Juno said

Juno couldn't fly, but she could float. Floating was something she would have to get used to. Tony recommended watching NASA's astronaut videos. She could control how high she went, but direction and speed was an issue. Juno looked pretty good in her mask, and the tech made for her new ability was a big help. Tony was next to her. He retracted his helmet and looked around. They were in a near empty parking garage.

"Hey!" A voice called at the other end of the garage. It was a black man, his hand stuck to the trunk of his car. "A little help?"

Juno and Tony jogged down to him immediately. He seemed fairly innocent, but seemed really annoyed. The man let out a sigh of relief. Juno's eyes traveled down to his pinned hand. It was glued with you guessed it — spider webs. Peter was here. Tony's Iron Man suit pulled out a blade and cut him free.

"Thank you so much," he smiled.

"Let me guess," Tony started. "5'8'', red spider suit, disorganized?"

The man nodded. "That would be him."

"Where'd he go?" Juno asked him.

"Staten Island Ferry, 11."

"How long ago was he here?" Tony asked.

"Forty five minutes to an hour I think."

Juno's eyes widened. "Crap, we need to go."

"Thank you, sir," Tony nodded. He took Juno's hand and flew them out to the the ferryboats. 

They spotted the boat from a mile away thanks to the large amounts of grey smoke emitting from it. The orange ferry seemed to be split into two halves. Tony zoomed by closer to see Peter holding the two boat halves with two thin spiderweb strings. 

"Ready to give your abilities a little test run?" Tony asked her.

"I'll try. What do you want me to do?" Juno asked. 

"You need to establish a good float. Not too high, but not too low. You want to be a little higher than the ferryboat, though. Just so you can see what's going on. The ship has a high metal composition, you should be able to use your abilities and clasp the two halves together. From there, I can forge the metal."

"That shouldn't be so hard," Juno smiled, trying to sound optimistic. "Right?"

"The metal is bigger than what you practiced on in the lab. So you need to focus harder."

"Sounds good."

"I'm going to drop you. You have to catch yourself and float. Start as soon as possible. Dropping you in three, two, one–"

Tony dropped Juno. Her eyes widened even more. Her arms flailed a little before she faced her palms to the ground and caught herself seconds before dipping into the Atlantic Ocean. Shakily, she pulled herself up above the boat by a few feet. Her powers were stabilized, and her body would hold.

Quickly, Juno threw her hands towards the ship's halves and moved them together. She was straining, but it was working. This caught Peter's attention. He pulled on his webs tighter. Passengers were cheering really hard for the duo. As soon as the ferry clasped together, Tony immediately sealed it shut.

Juno found herself faint. Peter noticed her wobbling. He immediately webbed himself up to the top deck. 

"Hold on!" He shouted. 

Juno passed out and began falling. Peter shot out a web, this time catching her. He webbed themselves up to a rooftop a couple hundred feet away, as Tony finished cleaning up his mess.

i just wanna say a massive thanks for 1k votes! made my heart real fuzzy,,

IMPORTANT!:

i start band camp tomorrow (06 aug) and it goes from 9 am - 6 pm daily. i only have one other chapter prewritten, so after i publish that on like tuesday, the next chapter may not come until saturday. i hope you understand!

love you lots