Chapter 1:

Elena's P.O.V:

I sat on Damon and Stefan's couch, sipping the last of my blood bag, while watching the news. Then a story came on, and I heard Stefan come into the room, "Rewind that back." he demeaned me. "Elena! I said rewind it back!" he shouted. I rolled my brown eyes, and rewind it. Then I heard Damon run into the room. The news lady was talking about something,

"Five bodies, emptied of blood, and were just getting word that the victim's are also missing there hearts." Stefan turned to Damon.

"Do you think its..." Damon started Stefan cut him off.

"Yeah. It is." Stefan said. I sat up on the couch and turned to them, and gave them both a confused look.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"I will check around the house." Stefan said speeding out of the room. Leaving me and Damon alone, I looked up at him.

"Who is it?" I asked again. Damon rushed over to me, and sat next to me.

"Maryanne." Damon started.

"Who's Maryanne?" I asked.

"She is me and Stefan's little sister."

"You guys never told me you had a sister?"

"Yeah, we didn't think she would ever come back to Mystic Falls." Damon started.

"Why are you guys so worried?" I asked.

"Because, Maryanne hated Kathrine... She kidnapped Kathrine and tortured her for three days." Damon said, "She hates anything that looks like Kathrine, so I guess when she heard about the doppelganger becoming a vampire she came back, we need to protect you."

Just then Stefan ran into the room, "You told her?" Stefan asked.

"Yes. Why didn't  you not tell me?" I asked.

"Just sit down Elena." demanded Stefan. I walked over to him, "I didn't say anything because, I thought she would never come back."

"Whatever." I said, starting to walk out. When Damon ran in front of me. "Wh-what the hell?" I asked.

"You can't leave, Maryanne is out there, she is strong and mad." Damon said putting his to his chest.

"What do you mean she is stronger?" I asked.

"She was changed 3 years before me and Stefan, it seems like nothing but she is strong!" Stefan cut in. "Damon's right, we can't protect you out there." Stefan pointed out.

"I'm hanging out with Bonnie and Caroline... It think I'm alright." I said walking out the door. I turned to look at the Salvatore brothers trying to imagine a girl. I walked to my car and drove to the grill, I saw Caroline and Bonnie sitting down. I walked over to them and sat down. "Hey guys!" I smiled at them as I sat down. "I'm gonna go and order something to drink, want some?" I asked both of them nodded no. I walked over to the bar, and saw this girl sitting there alone, she looked about our age, "Hi." I started. She turned to me, he eyes just like Damon's color of eyes, she had long brown hair, longer than mine to her belly button.

"Hi." she mumbled.

"I'm Elena," I said.

"I'm Katy." she smiled.

"Wanna join me and my friends Katy?" I asked. She nodded and walked over with me. "Guys this is Katy, she was over there alone, so I invited her over to hang out with us."

"Where did you move from?" Bonnie asked.

"California." she mumbled.

"Wow! Why did you leave there for here?" Caroline asked.

"I had to. My mom was murdered so me and my dad moved far away as possible." she answered. The table got quite quick. That's when both Damon and Stefan walked in, I turned to Katy, whose eyes had a little amused smile in them. "I have to go. Nice meeting you Elena." she said before running out of the grill.

I jumped up and ran to Damon and Stefan. "Why are you guys here?" I asked.

"To protect you." Damon started.

"Has anyone talked to you that looks weird?" Stefan asked.

"Yeah her name is Katy, and she just left whenever she saw you guys." I started.

"We should leave." Damon said. When we got back to there huge house, I stood by the couch."Why would she use a fake name and run whenever we get there?" Damon questioned.

"Maybe she doesn't want us to know she's here." Stefan started. That's when everything went black.

If you look at the picture to the side, that is Maryanne, or Emily!! Don't you guys agree that she is pretty?!