Chapter 29- The Orb

Make sure to read the last two chapters, they are coming out a lot faster!!

Your limp body was being lowered into the salty water. The fur floated as your being sunk into sea. You were still floating in the blackness. Watching your dragon form being lowered into the lazy waves. It was an odd sensation.

You heard a muffled sound behind and turned around. A white orb floated in the darkness beside you.

"Y/N"

A ghostly voice spoke with authority, the orb pulsates with each word.

"How do you know my name?" You said confused. You peered at the orb as it flowed.

"I know all" it said, in a eerie voice. It made a circling motion as it spoke these words.

"Well okay..." you said confused. You thought that you should be upset about the whole death situation but you couldn't... feel. You were-... empty.

"You seem unsure of yourself child" it drifted closer as if studying you in this black hole.

"I... want to be sad. I want to go back and I want to feel again but. I just... can't." You rubbed your arm in a blank feeling of guilt. You looked at you feet as they levitated in the air. "It's called being dead" it said bluntly. You huffed as you looked back at the bright light.

"I want to be with him. I... know he feels horrible and I'm the only one who can help him. I'm still angry Er-, at least I should be. But... I know that he needs to know I'm okay." you explained, maybe this spirit was a godsend and was here to give you life. That's what happened in stories... the good triumphs evil... right?

"I know that" it grunted as it came closer to you. "But your not particularly dead Y/N." It said In a hushed voice.

"What do you mean?" You put your hands on your hips in a sassy manner studying the glowing sphere before you.

"You were human when you came to the BathHouse" it said as if it were trying to see if you would catch on to what it was saying. But you were still confused... It sighed exasperated before it continued.

"You died. Because you were human. They die way faster than us Spirits. Spirits souls need to be destroyed for them to truly die. You simply are becoming a spirit" it stated matter of factly. At its words you felt a sense of heaviness on your chest.

"This is where humans souls come before they return to the real world. Or perhaps the Spirit realm that lives alongside you humans." It started to shrink, the heaviness on your chest began to become heavier. The feeling of wetness started to wash over your body.

"Your saying I can go back to him!?" You shouted, your voice was becoming faint and it felt as if your mouth was filled with water.

"My advice to you is, time is not your enemy."

It was so far away. You could barely hear it.

"It is your friend"

You blinked and open your eyes to see nothing but a deep blue colour. You coughed, the salty water filling your throat and lungs. When you breathed in, your coughed even more.

I can't die... again.

You sniggered at the ironic statement. Kicking your legs, you started to feel a wave of emotions overtake you.

As well as excruciating pain.

You left your broken leg to be limp. You kicked forcefully to the top with your three legs. The full moon was like a beacon of light. You were a moth dragged to a flame.

The feeling of oxygen rushing to your lungs was a feeling you relished. Your fur was dripping as you swam towards the stone stairs. Spirits were walking away from the stairs, their heads hanging. You spotted Lin and Kamaji leading the mourning ceremony.

You roared, it was strangled but it did the trick. Heads of every Spirit turned your way and eyes bulged out of their heads.

"Y/N!!!!!!!!" An army of Spirits ran towards you, their arms outstretched to hug your tattered body. You slowly shook their head telling them to keep your distance because of the wounds and broken bones you were suffering with. The stampede came to a halt and Lin and Kamaji fought their way to the front of the mob.

"Y/N?...." Lin whispered dumbfounded. She stepped forward and lifted her hand. You lowered your muzzle to her palm and pressed your soaking face to her hand.

"It's Y/N!!!" Kamaji cheered as he sprung all his arms in to the air. Lin had tears rolling down her cheeks but quickly pulled herself together. "We have to get you dry and a doctor!!" She adorned her busy, caring nature and ushered spirits out of the way. You towered above all of them, you were approximately the height of two Radish spirits stacked upon each other.

"He is having a tough time Y/N... but he is healing well... physically that is" Lin explained, You grimaced at the mention of Haku. You continued to limp towards the medic house as Lin and Kamaji lead the way. A crowd of admirers and gossipers followed after, shouting their praises. Lin pushed open the door, Kamaji spoke in hushed tones with the doctor. The doctors eyes widened as she looked over to your huge frame and sopping wet fur.

"Get her in quickly!!" She ushered as she swung open doors for you to enter. You lowered your head and entered the medic house, you heard a mangled shout from...

Haku.

You wanted to go to him. You knew he needed you. But.

You shouldn't.

Why am I so stubborn!?

You followed the Doctor to a medical bay deep inside the house. She turned around to study your huge dragon body. Her gaze said it all.

You needed to shift.

You were reluctant to, you were strong as a person but you were stronger as a dragon. You slowly nodded your head as the light surrounded you and your body became normal.

"Come lie on the bed darling" she helped you slip onto the mattress. As soon as you were settled she ran off to get supplies.

That's when the door swung open.

And he was the only thing you could see.

A/N
Welp. Your alive or at least your a spirit.

The next chapter is the end of this story.

But I have a surprise in next chapter so. DONT WORRY.

Cookies and cream,

-AA