Quirk Manifestation - Fox Friends

A few days passed, and Hizashi saw first-hand the effect of everyone getting their quirks. Izu was tired all the time, it was quite a task to make sure he was awake enough to eat a decent amount before dropping off, and waking him up in the morning was a challenge, but Izu insisted going to day-care because it was important.

"You sure you can deal with them again?" Hizashi looked at Izu worried, he was half way helping Izu getting changed for Day-care and the kid already looked like his was ready for bed.

"Mmmm...." Izu hummed softly in reply, eyes closed and looked like he was about to fall over, luckily Hizashi was holding him up. Hizashi sighed, knowing Izu meant that as a yes, but his heart and head was telling him no. He changed Izu back into his onesie, with no complaint from Izu, who was soon fast asleep again. He looked at his son curled up on the sofa, sleeping as if he hadn't slept that night. Hizashi began to feel it was an effect of his quirk. He had slept a lot as a child, Aizawa pointed it out, but at the time he thought it was something all babies did. But, maybe it was also Izu's way of coping after a day of emotions, and with many kids in his class getting their quirks, emotions were running high, and Izu was dealing with it all. So, it would be best just to let him sleep it all off. He pulled out his phone and called Kyoumi.

'Good Morning Hizashi.' Kyoumi greeted happily. 'How's Izu?'

"He's asleep, I think it may be away he deals with coping with emotions." Hizashi told her. "I am not letting him go into day..."

'You're going to let him sleep it off, I completely understand. I am sure the day-care will understand, it would be wrong of anyone to let a kid with Izu's quirk have to deal with such high running emotions.' Kyoumi said. 'I'll inform the day-care, I hope Izu feels better soon.'

"Thank you. We'll see you later." Hizashi smiled

'No problem.' Kyoumi replied, and the call ended. He finished getting himself ready, before picking Izu.

"Let's go and steal Uncle Aizawa's sleeping bag, shall we?" He muttered quietly and set off to work. The staff left Izu alone after seeing how tired he was, Aizawa even gave up his sleeping bag willingly. Under the watchful eye of the staff without class, Izu slept wrapped in the sleeping bag on the sofa.

~~~~~~

"Isn't Izu-kun here?" Ose asked. Shiyu met up with their usual group of friends, though their group was missing Isa and Rai.

"He's really tired because of his quirk. Mom said that dad said that he will be back in soon, he just needs to sleep it off." Shiyu said. "Mom told me when he does come back we should be careful about exposing him to high emotions."

"Exposing?" Noguchi frowned

"It means showing something to something else, doesn't it?" Ishiwata said

"I think so." Shiyu nodded.

"It's my fault Izu is feeling bad, isn't it..." Ose muttered sadly. "Because I got angry."

"No, my mom said that it is a very emotional time for everybody and Izu is just reacting to the all the emotions. Good and bad, so I don't think you getting angry mad much of a difference." Shiyu smiled at her. "I bet Izu will be back tomorrow and we can all play together!" Ose smiled and nodded weakly before she frowned.

"Where is Isa and Rai?" She asked

"Here! Sorry we're late!" Rai came running over, the group stared at him, Isa joined him and smiled.

"We woke up late!" He added.

"You have ears." Shiyu smiled, approaching his friends with a smile. Isa and Rai giggled, upon their heads were two fox ears.

"Are they both fox years, they're both different." Mori asked

"Yep, I'm an arctic fox!" Rai smiled, he had small, fluffy white ears, round in shape, he wiggled them. "I had a tail too!" He showed them, his tail wagged happily.

"And I'm a desert fox, mom said we're are also called Fennec foxes!" Isa grinned, his ears were bigger and rusty in colour, he also had a tail.

"So cool, they look so soft, can I touch them?" Ose asked, the two boys looked unsure, then Isa nodded.

"Okay." Ose approached him and scratched his ears carefully. Isa giggled happily, clearly enjoying it. Ose was smiling.

"They are soft and fluffy! Like a cat, or a dog!" Ose said

"Well, foxes are like dogs, aren't they?" Ishiwata asked

"I think so..." Rai nodded.

"Come on everyone, gather round." Mrs. Abe called.

"Come on!" Shiyu giggled, and they ran over to their teacher, ready to start their day.

~~~~~~

"You feeling better Buddy?" Hizashi asked, Izu was partly awake, leaning heavily against his father's back. He hummed in reply, though Hizashi wasn't sure if that was a yes or a no. "We're not having dinner at Nana's today.

"We're not?" Izu said tiredly.

"No, I'll make a quick dinner, and then you can go back to sleep." Hizashi smiled. "Anything you would like." Izu was silent before replying.

"Can we have Katsudon?" He frowned.

"I think we're missing pork cutlets, so how about we eat out instead? Grab some Katsudon before heading home, would you like that?" Hizashi smiled

"Can Oshi come with us, I want Oshi." Izu asked.

"You know what, I think we can drag Uncle Aizawa and Hitoshi out. We're close to theirs anyway." Hizashi grinned, knowing Aizawa wouldn't say no to Izu. Sure enough, despite the killer look Aizawa gave him, he gave in once Izu said please Uncle Aizawa. Even Hizashi was impressed with the power his four-year-old son had over the grumpy underground hero. Grant Hitoshi was thrilled to go out for a meal with Hizashi and Izu. As they headed to the restaurant, Izu was walking, holding Hitoshi's hand as Hitoshi talked about his school day. Hizashi got a phone call from Kyoumi, he turned to Izu once it was done. "Seems like two more of your friends have their quirks." Izu eyes light up.

"who?" He asked

"Rai-kun and Isa-kun, they have fox related quirks." Hizashi smiled, Izu beamed happily.

"I can't wait to see them!" Izu giggled. He began rambling, wondering what kind of fox traits that had, wondering if they had ears if they were soft.

"Well if you're feeling better after tonight, you can go back tomorrow." Hizashi told him, Izu smiled and nodded happily.