Papa's little Listener

2 more months passed, Izuku would now sit himself up, even if for only a few minutes. And Yamada had started trying solid food on Izu. He quickly gathered that Mashed Banana was his favourite. Izuku also had begun to babble a lot more around people, looking at them expectantly as if waiting for a reply to the unknown language of babies. Midnight suggested that made Izuku was trying to speak and that it wouldn't be long before he began saying his first word.

One day after Yuuei, Yamada sung a little song as he got his own and Izuku's dinner, Izuku babbled along with him as he sat in his high chair. Yamada watched him fondly as Izuku tapped the table.

"Papa's little Listener." Yamada ruffled his hair, he had begun to call him that once Izuku had tried to mimic him when he was doing his radio station.

"P-p..." Izu replied, luckily Yamada had put down their dinners, as he was pretty sure he would have dropped them. "P..."

"Go on Izu, say Papa." Yamada urged. Izu tried, but ended up just blowing bubbles, before sticking out his tongue looking at his dad with an innocent look. Yamada smiled. "So close Izu, well done!" Izu giggled at the praise. "Keep being Papa's little listener, okay?" Izuku looked at him with wide eyes.

The following morning, Yamada was up before Izuku as usual. He went through his usual morning routine. Getting changed, and preparing breakfast, listening out for Izuku waking up. Once he was done, he looked into Izu's room to find the boy sitting up awake.

"You're awfully quiet today Izu." Yamada went up to his son's crib. Izuku was tapping his chest. He looked up at his dad. "You alright little listener?" Yamada asked, he went to reach for him.

"Liser!" Izu said, Yamada froze. Izu patted himself again. "Liser." He giggled, Yamada quickly picked him up and hugged him.

"Right! You're my favourite little listener!" Yamada beamed, Izu patted Yamada's chest.

"Papa!" Izu said, before tapping himself. "Liser." Yamada was pretty sure his heart had exploded.

"Papa's Listener..." Yamada hugged him close, he was so proud.

~~~~~~

"Mic, mate, you okay?" The teachers looked concerned as Yamada entered the staff room teary eyed. He nodded before looking at Izu.

"Izu, who are you?" He asked

"Papa Liser!" Izu cried out happily, the teachers completely froze in their place. They had expected his fist word to be papa or some other dad related name, but Papa's listener was not on their list at all.

"See? Papa's Listener!" Yamada was practically in tears. "They're his first words!"

"Aw!" Midnight rushed over. "So cute Izu!"

"Papa!" Izu giggled, looking up at Yamada with wide eyes. Yamada looked back with a smile, he was just so cute!

During his lessons, whilst Yamada was somehow able to calmly teach his students, despite Izu papa and Liser thought-out all the lessons. His students watched the child with wide eyes, smiling at the adorableness of it all.

"Papa, Papa." Izuku chanted softly as Yamada headed to the staff room for lunch. "Pa." Izuku looked up at him, Yamada looked down and ruffled his hair. The boy watched him with joy filled eyes, his smile seemed to lighten up the hall, his cheeks rosy from the smile that had constantly been there since that morning.

"You're adorable Izu." Yamada smiled, Izu giggled.

"Papa!" He said, Yamada entered the staff room, he had barely gotten through the door when Midnight was in front of him.

"Can I hold Izu?" She asked.

"Sure, that means you can feed him too." Yamada told her.

"I can do that." She beamed, taking Izu from him. Yamada sat down, getting out Izu's lunch and passing it over to her.

"She's going to try and teach him to Nemuri." Aizawa watched her.

"I thought so." Yamada smirked. Sure enough, she was trying to coax Izu to say Nemuri, but Izu replied with Papa or Liser. "But he'll always be my little listener!" Yamada smiled brightly.

~~~~~~

That evening, Yamada got home, Izuku asleep, leaning into him. He carefully put Izu in his pushchair, he put stuff away before calling his parents, knowing they would want to hear about this.

"Hizashi!" Azami greeted. "How's Izu?"

"He's great!" Yamada smiled "He said his first words today." He heard two loud gasps.

"What did he say?" Hiro asked

"Papa and Liser." Yamada smiled.

"Papa's Listener..." Azami sniffed. "He's so adorable. You'll need to bring him down this week end!"

"I will." Yamada smiled, they talked for a while longer before they let him go. Izuku was still asleep, Yamada smiled at him softly. He sent Nemuri a quick text.

Yamada – Nemuri?

Yamada – Know any places that allow you to print your own things on to clothes?

Nemuri – One.

Nemuri – Why?

Nemuri -*gasp* Are you planning on getting Izu something?

Yamada – A babygrow with Papa's little Listener

Nemuri – LEAVE IT TO ME!

Nemuri – I'll have it to you by Thursday!

Yamada – Thanks

Yamada smiled, He planned on showing the other teachers that Izuku is truly his main little listener.