17. YOU THINK A LOT

Yall gonna like this chapter a lottt

Sorry, uploading has been so slow! I started school again :( Thanks for all the comments!! uwu I loveeee reading them, makes my day brighter :)

Not edited, fluff ahead for sure I promise lol

Also, I am sick of calling him Hopper so we switching to Jim this chapter dudes.

____________________________

"What do you mean they're listening to us?" Allie asked quietly her arms tightening around her torso in nervousness.

"They bugged my place, shit," Hopper ran a hand through his hair and looked at Allie, regret heavy in his stormy eyes, "shit, you were right the whole damn time."

Allie was a little taken back with that comment, she was not expecting him to even acknowledge she was right. Just having him travel along with her was enough for her, "Um, yeah," she let her hair fall over her reddening face.

Hopper tilted his head, his lips twitching in mild surprise to her embarrassment, "you good?" he asked, very well trying to elicit another reaction out her.

"I'm fine, it's warm in here, yeah?" she cleared her throat and tucked her loose hair behind her ear.

Hopper grinned, "warm? The window is open and you're barely wearing anything," he pointed out.

Allie scoffed, "oh shut up, Jim- ah Hopper- sorry," the blush that painted her cheeks turning more crimson than pink.

Hopper's lips twitched up, "Jim's fine. I think we're on a first name basis now," he told her as gathered his boots from the floor and started putting them on.

A wave of warmth rushed over Allie at his words causing her to involuntarily smile at him, "Okay, Jim."

Jim finished lacing up his boots and a look of shock graced his face, "shit, we gotta go to Joyce's."

"Joyce? Joyce Byers?" Allie responded, rushing after him as he raced out of the cabin.

Jim swung the door open and bounded down the stairs, Allie hot on his heels a hundred questions on the tip of her tongue. Jim opened the door and got into the driver's seat and Allie hopped into the passenger side.

"Why are we going to Joyce's," she asked and as they pulled out, then the thought came to her, "Oh no, Will."

Jim looked at her out of the corner of his eye, his face stern with sorrow, "Yeah, like I said you were right about this all being connected."

Allie leaned back into the seat and realized she was not wearing shoes or pants really. She was still just in Hopper's flannel and boxers. "Oh no," she whispered in horror.

"What?" Jim asked alarmed, about to slam on the breaks.

"Oh no!" Allie's voice rose sharply.

"What!" Jim almost shouted and looked at her with wide eyes filled with worry.

"I'm not wearing anything!" she said with a red face.

Jim's shoulders relaxed and he focused back on the road, "Oh, well, uh," he swallowed thickly, "I don't think Joyce will notice."

Allie narrowed her caramel eyes in disbelief, "Really? I can't just waltz into my student's home with nothing but a pair of boxers and a flannel on. That would all but ruin my reputation as a teacher."

Jim let out a short laugh causing Allie to shoot him a sharp glare. Jim cracked a smile, "You can tie my jacket around your waist or somethin'."

Allie sighed, "I guess that'll work," she perked up when they pulled into the Byers driveway. Her stomach started to knot in nervousness, and the familiar rush of unneeded adrenaline started to pump through her veins causing her leg to bounce.