Chapter 10

We reach his office and Dranel seems puzzled or something
. He seems to be in deep thought and he is losing focus. How can that girl make this man bewildered?

He sits on his chair while I place my black bag on top of his table. It seems ready for lunch as there are no paper works. I say as I put down everything that I cook for him, "Hey, what's the problem... aren't you happy that I cook you lunch..."

He then chortles, "Wow... thanks sweetie..." he then looks at the food without colors.

"You-you don't like it?" I say as I open the container seal and the aroma is brewing. "I have some back-up."

He seems petrified, spaced-out, and his mind is in the void.

I gently slap his cheek and he is in shock. I ask, "What the problem? Hey... you're making me sad. Who's that Nicole by the way? She said she's your childhood friend?"

"Yeah he is... let's eat. Is this adobo?" he says.

"Yup!" I close my eyes and smile at him.

Dranel gets a fork and pierces one square pork-cut. He then eats it wholly. I am sure that the juiciness, the soy-salt, and sugary love hacks his mind. He then makes a smile and says happily, "I love this!"

I take a sit on the available chair in front of this table. I take one of the hamburgers and I try to eat it. I swallow first before I say, "I love you... do you still love me?"

"Why are you asking that kind of question? Of course, I love you so much..." He answers with a face of galaxy.

"You seem to like that girl... you're childhood friend rather." I say. "Your eyes are glued, it seems like you're also removing his clothes fictionally..."

"You're jealous?" he says then he chuckles.

My cheeks become strawberry red and I avert my eyes for I am guilty. I reply, "I am not..."

"You are..." he chuckles. "I love it when you're jealous... for me it means, you always want me to by your side."

Someone then knocks the door and instantly a familiar voice says, "Hey, I met your first love downstairs!"

First love? Shit, I'm better than that!

"Shut-up!" Dranel says madly and his eyes are gleaming hot. "Don't you dare mention that name!"

I look at Dranel curiously weird then I look at Reniel and he's walking towards us, "Sorry about that, Hello there Alexa... I think you two are doing fine. Don't be jealous..."

"So that girl is your first love..." I mutter, I try to change the topic. "Where's Gracie, did you brought her? Wan'na have some burgers? I made them..."

"Sure!" he says then he takes a seat and he gives some papers to Dranel. "I need that signed."

I then give him a container containing burgers enough for three people. He accepts it gladly then says to me, "Thank you! But don't be jealous... that girl is already married."

Thank god.

"Yeah and her husband left her." Dranel says. "I mean... it's a bit sad. By the way, I'm inviting you to our wedding, R.J."

"Really, you're going to get married already? How about a double?" Reniel says. "I'm about to propose to Gracie, how about helping me out?"

"Really... that's great!" I chortle.

"Don't say anything to her, okay..." He then takes a bite of my hamburgers and says even though his mouth is full, "This is so nice, I never tasted Gracie's cooking."