Chapter 34 - Not leaving you behind

Start from the beginning

Blood was drooling down his left arm and the side of his head. A huge cut was on his right leg, letting red leak all over it. His arms and legs was covered with uncountable scars and bruises, which worried me sick. And with every move he took, I would feel my heartbeats grow faster and faster. I was scared-worried of Remember. Will he be ok?

"Squad 4 and 27 to all units!" Mr Chantell yells to a certain group of men. "Open combat!"

Just as Remember evades other thousands of gun fires, he launches himself towards the tank, claws at the ready. He was planning to knock out the military vehicle first.

Yet somehow, they anticipated this to happen. Mr. (who was standing right by the tank) quickly points at the murderous ghoul and yells out, "NOW!"

At that moment Remember quickly stops, but it was too late. Before he even knew what was happening, a harpoon-like weapon attached with a rope is shot towards him from the tank's main gun. Seeing this, Remember tries to avoid it, yet wasn't able to by being too close in range. A second later the spear goes jabbing straight in his left leg, digging deep into his dead flesh.

He yelps, falling onto the floor in vain. I covered my mouth to prevent screaming. Oh no.

He looked as if in a lot of pain; Real pain. As in something that zombies are said to never feel nor experience. This was the first time actually seeing a zombie feel. And yet, it looked so...so real.

Yet the soldiers looked pleased, as if they've accomplished their objective. Mr. then takes out a walkie- talkie and says to it, "Experiment No: 16 found and fully intact. Preparation for capture sequence is complete. Capture target, now."

Capture????

Just then, I caught sight of the helicopter zooming in to the scenery. Remember sees this too, and looks panicked. He had to escape.

Shivering madly (from the amount of blood he has lost), he uses his large skeleton hands to help and begins to crawl his way out. Heaven in his agonizing state, he struggles, dragging his body away from both the tank and helicopter, desperate to escape by a force beyond his control. Now with his hand doing all the walking, he seemed to grow in even more pain with every rough pull he makes.

His eyes are squinted in vain. Blood drools down a corner of his mouth. He shudders and spasms a bit, but still continues to move.

Gritting his teeth, he continues on like this until a person in a military uniform spots him. He then realizes what Remember was attempting to do and quickly calls to the others,

"Sir, the target is resisting!"

Mr. Nods and turns to the tank. "Draw back, tank 4."

And with that, the tank begins backing up, hoping to stop the ghoul from escaping as well. However, Remember didn't. Remember still manages to keep pulling himself away from the troops. Noticing what they were planning to do, he adds even more strength and effort to his claws, digging his bloody claws into the soft grounds too.

The military vehicle then had to use more force as well. It was now like a tug-and-war game, between zombie and vehicle, with Professor Grant and his military group against just 1 Remember.

But Remember wasn't the type to give-up: Neither was the tank.

At one point, Mr. had to motion a stop sign at the controller of the tank.

"Stop." He says calmly, "We want to capture number 16 alive and as whole. Ripping his leg off may result in dangerous consequences."

He then turns to nod at a sniper beside him.