Chapter 22

Louis' pov.

It all kind of happened in a very dramatic blur.

First, Zach had pushed Harry too far, and Harry snapped. Harry had counted to three, and as he had threatened, was going to hurt Zach. Mere seconds after Harry whispered the number three, he had lunged forward and yanked Zach's arm from my shoulders. He used on large hand to slam Zach's face down into the table, the other holding Zach's wrist behind his back, twisting it.

Zach released a shriek after his face collided with the table. Damien and I clearly didn't think Harry was actually going to do anything, so when it happened, we just kind of sat there with out mouths hanging wide open. My hands raised to cover my open mouth, keeping my screams of shock from spilling out. 

"You fucking son of a bitch!" Harry growled through clenched teeth, visibly pressing down harder on Zach's face. "I told you to keep your bloody hands off of him, and you didn't fucking listen! I told you I'd break your fucking arm if you kept trying to fuck my boyfriend, and that's what I fully intend to do!" Harry pulled Zach's arm farther back, causing Zach to release another shriek of pain.

Despite the fact that Harry is literally about to snap Zach's arm right in front of me, my focus is on how Harry had called me his boyfriend. I'm trying so hard not to swoon right here and now, and the red warning flags are flying high in my head. What about the girl in Harry's apartment? I don't know about Harry, but I'm not into the whole open relationship thing, and I don't intend on sharing my boyfriend - if he really is mine.

"Do you fucking hear me!?" Harry yells, once again smearing Zach's face into the table. When my eyes finally flick down to Zach's face, there are tears of pain streaming down his cheeks. With Zach's anguish now fresh in my mind, I snap out of whatever trance Harry had put me under. I quickly kneel up on the booth and place my hands on Harry's broad chest, roughly shoving him away from Zach. It catches Harry off guard since he was so focused on hurting Zach and causes him to stumble backward.

"What the hell, Lou!?" Harry shouts, his eyes still blazing. I ignore him and focus on Zach.

"Are you okay?" He shakes his head. "Where does it hurt?" He chokes out a sob. "Lift your face, Zach, we have to see your face."

Slowly, Zach raises his head from the table and Damien and I gasp. His nose is bleeding relentlessly - his tears mixing into the stream - all of it just smearing his face. His nose is bent to the side, and his right arm is lying limp on the booth.

"Damien, take Zach to the hospital," I say quickly, since I didn't drive here. Damien nods and hastily scoots out of the booth, aiding Zach to stand and walk away from Harry and I.

Momentarily, I close my eyes. My rage towards Harry isn't just there, it's fucking boiling over and spilling out of me. All Zach did was place his hand on my shoulder and Harry broke his nose, and I'm pretty sure he broke his arm, too. All for one little touch.

I stand from the booth slowly and turn to face Harry. He's staring at me with blazing forest eyes, but there's something else behind his anger - fear. He's afraid, and he has every fucking right to be. I need to stay calm. I have to stay calm.

"Harry," I manage to say in a light tone. His eyes widen and his eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Where is your car parked?"

"What? Why?" 

"Show me where you parked," I demand, and Harry is smart to oblige. We make our way through the crowd, pushing past sweaty bodies and too much testosterone. My gaze is practically burning a hole through Harry's back as he leads me out into the parking lot where his black car is parked in the far corner.