Chapter 22: Dealing With Mom

Edwin's POV

When Phill finished questioning me I left to go home. I wasn't looking forward to it. My mom would be coming back from a long business trip that was over seas, and I know that she will not be happy with what has been going on.

After driving home, I was walking up the steps towards my front door when it opened. There stood my infuriated mother.

"Where have you been ?" She yelled, her voice sounded scratchy, like she had been crying.

Her hair was everywhere, she was wearing an old robe she had laying around. I sighed, as I walked closer to the door I noticed her eyes where puffy and slightly bloodshot.

So, she had been crying.

"Mom, I can explain. Just..can we go inside to talk about this?" I spoke softly while looking at my mom. I guess there was something in my eyes that she let me in without much of a fuss, I knew it wouldn't last though.

We entered the house my mom went into the kitchen and I went in the living room.

After a few minutes of waiting my mom came back, we sat on the beige couch in the living room, drinking iced tea.

"Okay, now can you please explain what has been going on since I've been gone?" My mother asked, she looked worn out and extremely worried. "I've been gone for only one month and chaos has erupted!"

I sighed, "Alright, I'll explain what happens but promise me you'll be understanding?"

She nodded and I started to explain.

An hour later my mother was all caught up, "Oh sweetheart, you've been through so much. Are you alright?" After I had explained everything my mother started fussing over me.

I laughed, "I'm fine mom, just a little roughed up." She watched me carefully.

"Edwin, do you really love this girl? Enough to go through all this, just for her?" My mother questioned, I sighed, I was waiting for her to ask me this. I knew she wasn't going to be all that supportive of Ariana, especially since all that I've been through since meeting her.

I nodded, "Yes, mom I do love her," Not wanting to deal with my mother questioning any longer, I got up and walked towards the stairs. "I'm going to bed, I'm tired."

She nodded, "Ok, love you Eddy. Good night."

"Night mom, love you too." With that I walked up the stairs and went to bed, but I couldn't help but think about what my mom said.

"Is she really worth it?" I mumbled silently to myself.

-------------------------------------------------------KINDA IMPORTANT A/N!! PLZ READ!!! THX!!

A/N : Ok here is the chapter it's a bit short an filler-y but I hope you've enjoyed it!!

Edwin seems to be doubting his feelings for Ari? What could that mean????

Also I'd like to mention I might be ending this soon I thing there will be a few chapter left before this story is officially over :)

And I'm practically positive that I'm not going to make a sequel, but I will be focused more on my second story In The Spotlight! so check that out, it's quite different than this one.

Fan!

Vote!

Comment!

Enjoy!!