Chapter 13

I wanted to die right then and there. I could not believe what I was seeing. Poor Braxton was on an operation table surrounded by machines. His stomach was cut straight down the middle, just like mine, and something was put in place. The part that made me feel the worst was the fact that he was seeing the whole thing. Screams escaped him like ghosts in a graveyard on Halloween. Tears streamed down his strained yet puffy face. I was not sure if he was going to make it out alive.

My already tired body became numb. I felt as though somebody had ripped open my stomach and- wait, that already happened. I was soon infuriated. I was not going to let Braxton suffer any longer. I took one step, and it was over. Braxton was all stitched back up, and the robots stopped moving. I immediately ran over to Braxton, who stopped screaming, but still had tears staining his face.

He looked over at me with his wild, pained eyes and tried to speak.

"No, just rest." I whispered, trying to hold in my tears. I brushed my hands through his hair to try to calm him down. I must have sat there for about an hour, complete silence the whole time.

Suddenly, the door that I entered through opened. Standing there were two ferocious men at least six feet tall each. They both walked in the room. I blocked view of Braxton from the men to try to protect him in what little way I could. The two men stepped apart to reveal a very tiny woman.

She must have been 5'2" at most. The woman was very petite, but had the energy of a powerhouse radiating towards me. She had platinum blonde hair tied up in a bun. Her eyes were blue, not bright like Ben's, however. Her eyes were an icy blue that sent shivers down my spine. The woman had a smile that made me feel like I was going to die.

"So, you must be Rileigh. Hi, I'm Dr. Rancor." She had a voice that soothed, which worried me.

"Where are we? What are you doing to us? Why are you doing it?"

"Slow down, honey. There will be plenty of explaining shortly. Trust me." Dr. Rancor gave me her creepy smile and ordered her guards to transport me to the "board room."

"I'm not leaving without Braxton," I said firmly to give the sense that I wasn't afraid of her, even though I was petrified.

"Oh, don't worry. You will see him shortly. After all, he needs to recover just as you have. Now if you will come with me, let me explain to you my latest invention."