Chapter 6

I didn't know what to do. the color was getting darker, fast. I ripped off his shirt and found a slash through his entire back. I tried to close it with my fingers. I put my hands over the wound, remembering something about pressure. I used his shirt some more and pressed down hard.

"Why the heck are you doing this to me?" At this point I'm sobbing, and I literally slapped myself out of it. I noticed that it was not as bad anymore. It was coming to a stop. Was this ok? Or was all his blood on my hands? I saw his backpack in the distance. Without releasing pressure, I wiggled to the sac and quickly let go of the cut, found some stitches and got to work.

"I am so lucky I know how to sew." I actually didn't; it was beginner's luck. I removed the bloody tee from his torso and threw it away somewhere. I found some healing cream and applied it as directed. I dragged the backpack over and carefully put his head on top. I poured a little bit of water around the sides and put a shirt under him.

I could here his breathing get deeper and more relaxed which was my sign to relax as well. I sat back on the ground and started crying. I was in so much pain, but my adrenaline was rushing so fast, that I didn't feel it at the time. It was all coming back to me. I was sweating like a pig, so I took my shirt off. I had red stains all over it, so I puked. I think that was the reason. After about ten minutes of complete and utter silence, I passed out.