Chapter 3

It was fuzzy, but I could make out someone staring straight at me. I realized it was Ben, and his voice came louder every second. It was as if he was talking to me far away but traveled very fast to talk to me louder. Finally, when the screaming was insanely loud, I answered with an, "yeahhhh? What happened? and why is my shirt on that boulder over there?" As those words came out of my mouth, I quickly connected the fact that if my shirt was on that rock...

"Ahhhhh!" I screamed. I couldn't express my embarrassment any way other than rolling on my stomach. I was very lucky to wear a sports bra that day. Honestly, there was nothing to hide.

"Calm down," said Ben, " after that masked thing beat you up I hit it with a stick. It evaporated into the air, making you fall to the ground. I heard a crack, and , unfortunately, you broke some ribs."

I turned back around, wincing. " How did you find that out?" I questioned in disbelief.

"I majored in surgery and minored in woods survival." Definitely did not see that coming.

"So then when can I get up and moving?" I asked almost eager for the answer.

"Probably a day would be enough time. Meanwhile, I'm going to have to wrap you up in some tape. it is going to hurt ok?" As if that was not blunt enough, he added, " You got to add some meat to your bones."

I had never felt so much pain in my entire life. After the screams that escaped me, I ran out of energy and all I could do was tear up. Once it was over, Ben helped me put my shirt back on and them gave me a hug to ease the pain. It worked. By the time the sun went down, we had eaten some goose bird things that Ben killed and fell fast asleep.