Chapter 5

As we walked on, I could tell that Ben was paranoid. I asked him if he was ok, but after turning around one more time, he said, "uh yeah, I'm fine."

Whatever.

We walked in silence for what seemed like an eternity, when I tripped over a tree root.

"Are you OK?" Ben looked very serious, as if I was stabbed or something, so, like every other normal person, I started to laugh hysterically. Then I started to tear up because of my pain in my ribs. Ben helped me up and looked a little bit confused and hurt.

"What the heck is wrong with you?" He was starting to yell. I tried to shut my mouth, but I think I was a little delirious at that point. Then I really shut up. I heard something. Ben heard it, too and was looking around almost guarding me in a sense. I blinked for a millisecond and found darkness, once again, face to face with me.

It had a more distinct figure this time. it was almost as if a tree, dog, and the grim reaper decided to morph together along with the night sky. It's hand slowly reached out in front of me. My mind said to run, but my feet were as heavy as cement blocks. I swung my arm at his, and knocked it down. It looked up at me, into my eyes, into my soul, and conjured up a shrill, high pitched scream. of course, I had to scream also, and I turned to run.

"Go!" I shrieked. Ben was one step ahead of me. Tears stung my cheeks as we sprinted as fast as humanly possible. I looked back and saw nothing unusual. I immediately fell to the ground. The pain in my ribs grew enormously. I saw Ben fall also. I noticed that his shirt wasn't originally red...

"BEN!"