Chapter 4

It's been about 2 weeks since Clarissa got attacked but everything is back to normal...

Kind of.

People found out what happened and now a lot of people are scared of me. I sigh and stare out the window waiting for this day to end. Apparently, my dad is gonna take me somewhere and I need to get home right away, which is one thing that I'm NOT looking forward to. Although he said I can see Clarissa before I come home so that's a plus.

The final bell finally rings and I head out to my beautiful baby and ride to Clare's house. On my way there, I start to think about where my dad could possibly be taking me. Although when I was on the phone with him earlier he sounded... I don't know, sad.

Flashback

It was Lunch time and I went outside to sit under the tree. I was upset because all the principal did was suspend the assholes who attacked Clare and they are back in school.

As I sit down my phone rings and the caller is my dad.

"Hello?"

"Lucy, I need you to come home soon after schools done," he says sounding a bit off.

"Can I at least go check up on Clarissa before I go home?" I ask kinda annoyed.

"Yeah, of course," he says. 

"Thanks," I pause. "Hey, are you ok? You sound a bit off."

"I'm fine. Thanks for your concern. I'll let you go now. I'll see you at home."

With that, he hangs up.

"He sounded weird, almost as if he's sad about something." I think about it for a second and brush it off for nothing. "Maybe it's just my imagination."

Flashback End

I pull up to Clarissa's house and knock on the door.

"Hello, Lucy. Clarissa is up in her room," Mrs. Wilde smiles.

"Thanks," I say before giving her a quick hug and going upstairs.

When I walk in, I see Clare with her window open and smoking a cig.

"Hey, Lucy," she smiles as she puts out her cigarette.

"Hey. How are you feeling?"

"Well, I can barely walk without feeling lightheaded and nauseous but other than that great," she smiles. "Now, something is on your mind, so spill."

I sigh and tell her about the people who hurt her being back in school and the weird phone call with my dad. 

"As much as I'm worried about those cock suckers who did this to me, I'm more interested in the phone call with your dad. You said he sounded sad, but sad about what?"

"That's the problem," I exasperate. "I don't even know. The only time I remember dad being sad is when mom passed away." I sigh and look at the time and see that I've been here for almost an hour. "I gotta go. I don't want my dad to bust a fuse." I hug her a little extra tightly. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Ok, bye Lucy."

"Bye."

I say bye to Mrs. Wilde before walking out the door and to my baby. I speed my way to my house and park seeing my dad waiting on the front porch. Oh no. My ear is gonna get yacked off now. I walk towards him and all he does is just smile sadly and takes my school bag and hands me another. 

I frown as he walks to his car and motions me to follow. I sit in the back so I can text Clarissa easily.

L: Ok, there is something really wrong with my dad.